• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    Looking for a serious gym on the Westside. Closest I've found would be Ronin Gym/IMAC and they seem to be catering to the attractive female cardio crowd nowadays. I've never cared for Ray Sarkine, but they used to have fighters there.

If it involves kata, kids or is Israeli-based........count me out.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I've heard bad things about Sarkine but never trained with him personally. When i went to check his gym out a few years ago, he only taught mauy thai and no "mma". That was before he changed names so maybe it's different now.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I used to train there, never had issues with him and once you get out of level I then it's more like training not just a conditioning exercise. At the time there was an advanced fighter program that took it up another level. He also offered camps either on a whole Saturday or weekend type deal teaching something other than Must Thai but he was strictly Must Thai. Haven't been in there in a couple years or since they moved to the bigger building but I haven't heard anything has changed as far as his program. He does teach very traditional Must Thai which is quite different than American Kickboxing or cardio Kickboxing. I'm not sure who he has assisting him now back around the time I had to step out one of the instructors was stealing from them and it really pissed him off (as it would anyone)

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    and once you get out of level I

Therein lies the problem. This guy wants $130 a month to train there. I signed up for the 2-week package. Every day - I was the only guy in level 1 and partnered with these 100lb females.

Not that I don't appreciate the female form, but if I'm paying hundo plus to be there - I don't wanna have to worry about roughing up the girls.

Top Bottom