• ...and so much more!
  • TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    Something I've noticed, and thought maybe it somehow changed every time you log back in (but it doesn't, it stays consistent) is that you have a numerical value attached to your credentials that obviously means something, and can be viewed by hovering your mouse pointer either over your name in the member list on the right side of the screen, or over any of your posts in any thread. :dunno:

1709508165804.png

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Is there one of those with a middle finger? I really want to send that to my son right now.

Meh...
    I might have a few sent to me I could lend you.
    Better to have time and discussion with him though.
    Free advice is worth exactly what you pay for if... but I do offer full refund!

D8D418B0-0326-4127-90C2-1F18DD11B243.jpeg

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    Something I've noticed, and thought maybe it somehow changed every time you log back in (but it doesn't, it stays consistent) is that you have a numerical value attached to your credentials that obviously means something, and can be viewed by hovering your mouse pointer either over your name in the member list on the right side of the screen, or over any of your posts in any thread. :dunno:

View attachment 337356
    Hmm, it checks out. I joined 2+ yrs after you and my number in that spot is in the 71k range. I just checked the Intro thread and the most recent additions are grouped together in the early-77k range.
    :dunno:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

View attachment 337356
    it might be accurate for everyone joining since the new software was implemented but it's not accurate for those before then. The hover number is about 2x higher for me.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Everyone know there are only like 50 people on INGO... the rest are just shills...

tenor.gif

I really like bicycling on the road... and HOA's!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, we had the I love rock n roll song (Joan Jett) song changed to "I hate submarines"...

Does that count?

I saw him standing there by the bug juice machine
    Rogee's in the bilge, making it clean
    M-Div dropped the ball
    and wet paint's on the wall

and I knew it wouldn't be long

and I forget the rest

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    it might be accurate for everyone joining since the new software was implemented but it's not accurate for those before then. The hover number is about 2x higher for me.
    Having reviewed the old thread and compared dates and hover numbers to mine, I'm pretty well convinced that number represents one's userId on INGO, and that it survived the migration to the new platform.

There are any number of events that could have caused that auto-incremented value to be higher than your actual member number (e.g. you were the 100th to join but your number is 175), but I think the value is a valid proxy for who joined earlier... that said, one's actual join date is a more accurate metric.

I like the (formatted) user-name.id approach; prevents easy enumeration.

Top Bottom