• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    the focus is on tickets and changing behavior. Believe it or not, highly visible, frequent enforcement does change crash trends. I have seen it in action personally. With modern technology like Wayze and FB, highly visible enforcement gets even more visibility and folks tend to straighten up and drive right, which results in fewer crashes.

Sometimes I've wondered if some cop is just sitting on his phone clicking cop sightings just to slow people down and laughing his ass off lol. I would

Super Trucker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2015
    In front of you
    A regular ol beat cop does not have any incentive to write tickets and does not get paid any extra to do so. There are federally funded overtime gigs available to write tickets. Does that clear it up for you?

Are you telling me that a regular cop doesn't make one extra cent from writing 100 tickets as opposed to 5 per month?

If you spend your time taking peoples money for safety that is great, however you are in the minority from what I see.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Are you telling me that a regular cop doesn't make one extra cent from writing 100 tickets as opposed to 5 per month?

If you spend your time taking peoples money for safety that is great, however you are in the minority from what I see.

Yeah, that's what he's telling you. In fact, a officer that writes 5 tickets per month, can potentially make more than a person who wrote 100. "See"-ing, and understanding, often aren't the same things. I have a fair bet that what you "see" is tempered by your own biases and ignorance.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Yeah, that's what he's telling you. In fact, a officer that writes 5 tickets per month, can potentially make more than a person who wrote 100. "See"-ing, and understanding, often aren't the same things. I have a fair bet that what you "see" is tempered by your own biases and ignorance.

Why do you even try? You have way more patience then I Kut. There are Troll patties being laid down in this thread...be careful not to step on them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

You have made it very obvious as to what you see.
    I have known and still know several LEO. I do not believe there is any bonus involved with numbers or none of use would even get to work with out one.
    Small town speed traps, :dunno:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Sometimes I've wondered if some cop is just sitting on his phone clicking cop sightings just to slow people down and laughing his ass off lol. I would

I used to randomly trigger my radar gun. Especially on 465, it's fun to see the brake lights of those who have radar detectors...then they get to think their box kept them from getting a ticket.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've heard both from LEOs that I personally know. One says they have to, if they're on OPO. Another said it's just like any other shift. Maybe it's a dept by dept thing as far as what the bosses expect?

ETA: The officer who wrote me a citation for having a license plate out also said he "had to give me a ticket" because he was on a "federally funded program." Of course, he didn't show up to court and the prosecutor dismissed it. So, there is that! :)

It matters what grant your working, too. I worked school zones and high frequency fatal crash intersections. You were supposed to get 4 contacts an hour, but a certain number could be warnings (1 in 4, maybe? Been awhile) and some could be equipment violations. If you wrote one guy two tickets, it still only counted as one contact.

It worked, at least as far as the high fatal intersections. The intersections which were part of the grant saw significant reductions in fatal crashes. But, you know, it's just about money.

Super Trucker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2015
    In front of you

Public info for cops salaries, how can looking at the damn numbers be influenced by an opinion? I provided links of a cop getting more money for doing exactly what I said in the first place, and you still call me biased and ignorant? I provide links, you provide your word and somehow I am wrong?

Here you go, tell the class again how I am ignorant and that cops don't make any money writing tickets. These were the top 4 links, add the other one I posted and that makes 5 all in different states.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...PD-officers-used-ticket-scheme-to-3877815.php

NYPD busts cop for writing dozens of phony traffic tickets as part of overtime scam - NY Daily News

https://www.thenewspaper.com/news/05/587.asp

Dragonaters: Cop arrested for fake traffic tickets and overtime fraud to meet illegal quota

I used to disagree with this cop on another gun forum, he like you would say how cops are never wrong and everybody else is mistaken.
    Former officer Erich Fritz sentenced to a year in jail, 5 years probation | WWMT
    A cop that I am sure you would say gets no special treatment did 1 day in jail. But my biases must have that wrong as well.

At the end of the day to say I don't take some smug cops word for something would be an understatement.

Super Trucker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2015
    In front of you
    You have made it very obvious as to what you see.
    I have known and still know several LEO. I do not believe there is any bonus involved with numbers or none of use would even get to work with out one.
    Small town speed traps, :dunno:

I just provided more links showing what I stated, if you think I am wrong so be it, I can't do anymore to open peoples eyes.
    I understand that this is a cop loving forum, but for pete's sake come on.

Go to some city council meetings or county government meetings and you might be surprised at what they discuss. Public information is an eye opener.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Public info for cops salaries, how can looking at the damn numbers be influenced by an opinion? I provided links of a cop getting more money for doing exactly what I said in the first place, and you still call me biased and ignorant? I provide links, you provide your word and somehow I am wrong?

Here you go, tell the class again how I am ignorant and that cops don't make any money writing tickets. These were the top 4 links, add the other one I posted and that makes 5 all in different states.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...PD-officers-used-ticket-scheme-to-3877815.php

NYPD busts cop for writing dozens of phony traffic tickets as part of overtime scam - NY Daily News

Dragonaters: Cop arrested for fake traffic tickets and overtime fraud to meet illegal quota

I used to disagree with this cop on another gun forum, he like you would say how cops are never wrong and everybody else is mistaken.
    Former officer Erich Fritz sentenced to a year in jail, 5 years probation | WWMT
    A cop that I am sure you would say gets no special treatment did 1 day in jail. But my biases must have that wrong as well.

At the end of the day to say I don't take some smug cops word for something would be an understatement.

So do we start on methhead truckers that can’t drive a car much less an 18 wheeler? Cop bashing is so “cayce”, and it’s pretty telling about a man’s character as well. Go ahead and add to your ignore list, right after you show us on the dolly where the bad cop touched you!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just provided more links showing what I stated, if you think I am wrong so be it, I can't do anymore to open peoples eyes.
    I understand that this is a cop loving forum, but for pete's sake come on.

Go to some city council meetings or county government meetings and you might be surprised at what they discuss. Public information is an eye opener.

I am sure it is. It just seems that if there was a bonus none of us would have a license.
    I would lean toward cop respecting. I like these guys well enough but Love-em.........people would talk.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Truck driver to admit he sexually assaulted a 9-year-old on a road trip through several states | Crime & Courts | billingsgazette.com

Truck driver accused of molesting child in rest room | News | thetandd.com

Truck driver accused of molesting girl at Billings truck stop - KTVQ.com | Q2 | Continuous News Coverage | Billings, MT

CdA trucker pleads guilty to molesting seven boys | The Spokesman-Reviewhttps://www.eastbaytimes.com/2008/04/21/antioch-trucker-faces-child-molestation-charges/

:whistle:

Top Bottom