• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bull

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Jennings County
    I saw something in another post about adding a suppressor or silencer to a 22. My question is what 22 would be the easiest to do this to and where would be a good place to find a suppressor?

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    What do you want to do with the rifle? Quietest would be a bolt action. Easiest to re barrel would be a 10-22. AR? S&W M&P15-22. Several dealers on INGO carry suppressors.

RRSS440

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    22 and surpressors

I bought a P22 handgun with the suppressor adapter, very fun to shoot.

I bought a Gemtech Supressor from His and Hers in Sheridan, great guy, lots of help with the paperwork, took 6 months to the day to get it.

I also put the suppressor on my AR, works great, shoot without ear muffs. Great part about 22 is it does rim fire and 223, lots of fun, less scary for wife and kids!

I also have a little Colt 22 for my son and just ordered the barrel adapter, I am expecting it to be very quite, I will let you know soon.

MY AR was not threaded from the factory, I had a gun smith thread it for me and I would say you could thread any barrel that was thick enough for the threads, or anything that has a removable muzzle break would be where I would start.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I also put the suppressor on my AR, works great, shoot without ear muffs. Great part about 22 is it does rim fire and 223, lots of fun, less scary for wife and kids!

I'm pretty sure this is false information. A .22 rimfire can should NOT be used with .223. I believe the higher pressure from the .223 can destroy the can and the host weapon.

I have no personal experience in suppressors/class III, but this is my understanding; however, if you get a .223/5.56 can you CAN use it on a .22 rimfire, but I think you then run the (albeit small) chance of baffle strikes.

Top Bottom