• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I'm looking to get a 9mm but not sure what to get I like the Sig P226 but budget is preventing that one any other suggestions for a good 9 that is budget priced?
    Thanks
    I learned long ago with firearms there really is no compromising. If you want a Sig nothing else will fill that gap and you wont truly be happy till you get what you want. Save up some money and get what you want, dont settle..

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    There are many great options out there. Like already stated, take your time and handle as many as possible and go with what feels best to you. Also keep in mind your main purpose for the weapon: home defense, carry, range toy, competition, etc...

Your price range is good enough that you will have a good amount of options to choose from. It is going to be your handgun so you need to go with what feels best to you. If you get it narrowed down to a few different models you like then you can ask around for personal experiences from actual owners for more info.

Take your time, this is your hard earned money you will be spending and it is being spent on a tool for personal defense that may be needed to save your life some day. Good luck with your decision and keep us posted on what you get! :ingo:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Personally you cannot go wrong with a Bersa Thunder 9
    I agree and they recently came out with a high cap Bersa 9. Not sure what the price is but Bersa has been one of the best values in handguns for a while. I have a Bersa uc 45 and am amazed at what a great gun it is for $400.

brcrbn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    FNH USA Fnx-9mm. 17+1 capacity. Comes with 3 magazines, 4 interchangable backstraps to fix any handsize. External safety/decocker that provides the ability to carry cocked and locked, half cocked safty on or half cocked safety off. Large combat style sights. Low bore axis. All controls are completely ambidextrious. I have well over 3k rounds through mine in the last 2 months and it has performed flawlessly. I would recommend taking a look at this one.

LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Ok now I'n all confused, I like them all LOL anyway I'll be taking everyone's suggestions and head off to the store and look at them. But still Like the Sigs so I just may wait and save my money and get what I want

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    Glock 9mm

At first I opted for a Glock 26. I really like it. But, now that I am more comfortable carrying and proficient with the Glock platform, I am switching to the slightly larger Glock 19 for a do-it-all pistol.

I am not a big fan of the A&G spacer. No texture. It's just too smooth and round for me. I actually prefer the G26 with factory mags.

I wanted to hate Glocks, but the reliability and simplicity grew on me. I used to think they were ugly as sin too, till I shot one.

There are a couple of other options out there:

1. Glock - 19 or 26...make great 9mm pistols. With G-26, you can use a G-19 mag and put an A&G Grip Spacer on it...gives you a full-sized grip!

2. Ruger's new SR9 and SR9c...a friend of mine has one...great little shooter! The little one comes with a 10 (or 12) round mag + a 17 round mag with a grip spacer...gives you a full-sized grip!

3. Springfield's XD pistols - in 9mm. I've never shot one, but there're out there.

4. If I had the $$, I would get the Springfield EMP in 9mm...

Good luck!

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    Sig 2022 vs Glock 9mm

When I was shopping for a 9mm carry pistol, I looked long and hard at the Sig 2022. It's a beauty. The drawback for me was double/single action. What drew me to the Glock was the striker fire and consistency of trigger pull as well as flexibility of magazines.

Ok now I'n all confused, I like them all LOL anyway I'll be taking everyone's suggestions and head off to the store and look at them. But still Like the Sigs so I just may wait and save my money and get what I want

Krush1127

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    MP 9mm. I have shot a relatives glock 19 and the mp came out of the box alot smoother shooting than the glock

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Obviously there are alot of different guns to look at. I personally own a ruger SR9C and a ruger p89. You should really go out and shoot as many as you can and see what feels best. I love the trigger pull of rugers.

wallotcorydon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corydon
    I have to agree with everyone else. You should choose what you are comfortable with. I own an XD in 40 and absolutely love the way it shoots, and am sure the 9mm would shoot like a dream as well. My EDC on the other hand is the Kel Tec PF9. Again, I like this gun as it is fairly small, and easy to carry. I have not had any issues with it to this point, over 1000 rds through it. All comes down to personal preferance!

Chaz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2011
    I made my choice by research on the net and talking with guys on forums like this. Then I went to the Indy 1500 and held every one I was interested in. My choice was the Walther P99.
    The back stap is adjustable, feels GREAT in my hand and so far it shoots REEEEALLY nice. I'm no pro but I am hitting what I aim at better than can be expected.
    I bought it for shooting IDPA. I just classified this weekend. I know I blew the 3rd stage by paying too close attention to the procedure and not paying close enough to the target picture. Rookie mistake but the gun performed very well.
    Just my .02 worth.
    Chaz
    Your mileage may vary.

Base522

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Sig 2022, good price

If you don't wait to get the 226, you might get the sp2022.

Here's the best deal I've found and less than what I paid. Sig SAUER SP2022 Pro 9mm

For $349 + $10 for shipping and if you have it sent to Plainfield Shooting Supplies, they only charge $20 for the transfer so $379 total. That's pretty hard to beat.

The gun gets great reviews but it is a little bulky for carry, at least for some people.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I had a SIG Pro 2022 which I liked, and which my son-in-law likes now.

Now I luuuuv my Beretta commercial M9! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom