What about the negative effects an awb would have on jobs?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jay2981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    With jobs being a problem how much would a ban add to unemployment? I don't think I've seen or heard anyone bring this up yet. The firearms industry being as big as it is and with the huge following of ar's and ak's I can't imagine the size of layoffs and companies closing the doors.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    More folks on the government teat...... Sounds like the perfect evil plan.
    dr-evil.jpg

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Since obama-messiah is against the coal industry, which employs many, and he has no problem with the idea of shutting them down by over regulation, he should be thrilled to have more people with their hands out for the government santa.

The more people unemployed, the more seem to vote for the party that caused it, but blame everyone else.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    I've been wondering about this too. I imagine since manufacturers wouldn't be allowed to sell certain items, that sales would drop and manufactures would have to lay off employees, and small companies would probably go out of business. Who knows how it would affect the economy the way it is. And with more people unemployed more people go on welfare and other programs which we pay for in the end.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I've been wondering about this too. I imagine since manufacturers wouldn't be allowed to sell certain items, that sales would drop and manufactures would have to lay off employees, and small companies would probably go out of business. Who knows how it would affect the economy the way it is.

Wrong. Nothing would change.

If it is anything like the last ban the current manufacturers will change a few cosmetic pieces and life will go on. Magazines will still be available albeit neutered to 10 rounds but they will still be made.

jay2981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Wrong. Nothing would change.

If it is anything like the last ban the current manufacturers will change a few cosmetic pieces and life will go on. Magazines will still be available albeit neutered to 10 rounds but they will still be made.

I was only 13 when the last ban went into effect. I didn't realize that they left it open for the manufacturers to just change a little here and there like it somehow makes it less evil. Hopefully this is the case. But like the others said I could see them be happy to put a few more in the unemployment line.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I was only 13 when the last ban went into effect. I didn't realize that they left it open for the manufacturers to just change a little here and there like it somehow makes it less evil. Hopefully this is the case. But like the others said I could see them be happy to put a few more in the unemployment line.

You must have an understanding of how the law works: They can't say- we are going to ban assault weapons, they have to define them. they can define them by name-change the name. They define them by looks-change the looks.

They can't get a semi auto ban through so it will have to be based on scary looks. They usually define them as flash hiders, collapsible stocks, pistol grips, bayonet lugs, barrel shrouds and some have a ban on detachable mags.

Just google "california AR" and you'll see that even a ban more restrictive than the Clinton Ban has no real effect on them except for the mag capacity :xmad:

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Obama is so bent on making the anti-gun crowd crown him as king that he could care less about loss of jobs and the effect it will have on an already crippled economy. He probably considers these workers as contributors to the gun deaths "epidemic" as he calls it and labels them as expendable. He might even give them an Obama phone as a severance gift.

Top Bottom