• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Sarge your neighbor does not sound nice. You should move to Seymour. My neighborhood is nice. There is a house two doors down that is in foreclosure. Probably get it bought right. Then you can OC in both your yard and mine.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Apparently, Sarge, you're responsible for the yards on either side (and probably the one in back ) of your house.

Funny how they go to that point instead of the point of the thread.

I think you're doing it all just right.

Semper Fi!

I guess I answered my own thread in that post. :dunno:

Sarge your neighbor does not sound nice. You should move to Seymour. My neighborhood is nice. There is a house two doors down that is in foreclosure. Probably get it bought right. Then you can OC in both your yard and mine.
    :yesway::yesway:

Thanks for the offer, but we're living here for certain reasons but are planning to move a little further North as soon as we can get out from under this house.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN

picture of said house out of curiosity please

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    picture of said house out of curiosity please

Picture is from last year of my house. I just got done trimming back my bushes. I like to keep the bushes trimmed back and have lots of exterior lighting. Don't want any place a person can hide when I drive up. Also turning on the exterior lights creates back light which would help silhouette an intruder. One criticism I have about the exterior of my home is the recessed entryway and too much glass on the front door which makes it more difficult to reinforce. I do like that the house is not a split floor plan which makes setting up an ambush point easier.

I do not know the layout of the house two doors down. I think it might be a split floorplan. Similar size to mine. Probably 3 bedroom, 2 bath. Has green siding which I think looks nice. I have heard the renters that were in there kind of trashed the place, but new carpet and paint can cover up a lot. It has a nice privacy fence in the backyard. Landscaping and brick is similar to mine. If you are interested I will give you the address.

2012-05-28_10-21-09_342.jpg

edit: Don't give me grief about my patchy lawn. Remember we had a drought last year. The grass is looking pretty good this spring. Only problem is I fertilized and had to mow Friday and again tonight.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wow, give up one little pic of ones life and you get torn apart because of some weeds. :):

That being said, I DON'T live In a very safe neighborhood.

Aside from the weeds on the fence that I haven't taken care of yet this year.....We keep the nicest looking house on the street, maintain cleanliness, nice flowers and good kids that stay off other people's property.

Come night time though, it's like anything goes somewhere on the street. Just the other night, I was woken up by some "people" talkin their trash at full volume. I heard my neighbor come out of his door and ask if they could keep it down. Neighbor goes back inside, then I hear one of the "gentlemen" exclaim, "EFF THAT WHITE MOMMATRUCKER" and commences to blast off 7 rounds that sounded like a .45.

My youngest son ran into my room and into the bed scared.

So if I need to advertise a little that this house wouldn't make an easy target to whom ever, then I will. Word gets around on the street. Obviously some of our neighbors are hanging out with the bad guy types. If me or my home came up in a conversation between them, then I think some of the talking points that might come up are that I'm a Marine (license plates on car) and that I'm armed.

We had near the same issues around here. When they "F'd" us we responded in kind. Will not share on open forum exactly what all transpired but in the end....we won. Idiots are gone and things are fairly peaceful round her larely. Summer is here and I am sure things will get a bit exciting soon enough. Another group of Zombies just moved in down the street. We have made initial contact. Will see what goes from here.
    They can not leave their bad habits down in the hood.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    that you have low self-esteem and you're out to prove a point.

Really, is that what you think. You need to come on down here and meet the group. We have loads of self esteem and would love to show you how we maintain it. You might learn something beside how to be a troll.
    That would require coming out in the daylight if you can manage that......;)

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Really, is that what you think. You need to come on down here and meet the group. We have loads of self esteem and would love to show you how we maintain it. You might learn something beside how to be a troll.
    That would require coming out in the daylight if you can manage that......;)

Hehe, yep the troll is already gone. Got the ban hammer a few days ago.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    You arent mowing with your shirt off are you? You one of those with that michelin tire hiding your belt buckle? :n00b:

I march up and down my fence line with a AR. The squirrels get out of line every once in a while here in the countryside! :draw:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    mowing the lawn while OC. sounds like a house off the list of targets for burglary.

...or it could put it ON the list of targets for burglary for homeboys willing to take the risk, which given the issues my fellow Sergeant of Marines has stated he is dealing with, is about the only downside I can possibly see of the OP doing OC in his AO, especially with his AR ;):

Hood-rat 1: "Yo dawg, you heard about that Jarhead dude down da block that be strapped when he cuttin' da grass?"
    Hood-rat 2: "Yeah...flauntin' his gat like he hard...what about it?"
    Hood-rat 1: "I bet he gots even mo' guns inside his crib...and I need me some mo rocks yo! Plus, you still owe me fiddy dollah so we gonna jack his place an' get paid!"
    Hood-rat 2: "I'm wit it..! We just watch his place an wait till he gone an' steal his :poop:!"

However, the odds of that happening seem rather remote to me. I think far more criminals will be deterred by OC than take it as a challenge. Seeking the path of least resistance is what drives these individuals to commit many of their crimes in the first place (versus getting an education/legitimate job), so I think that making it known to the locals that they have an increased chance of ending their caper with an acute case of lead poisoning will cause 99.9% of them to do the math:
    :drill: + :ar15:= :stretcher: x :owned:

...and seek softer targets. :twocents:

Wow! The search function really is your friend! ;) Nice work! :yesway:

Uber-mad :mallninja:search skillz...sometimes Iz haz them! :D

Last edited:

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    ...or it could put it ON the list of targets for burglary for homeboys willing to take the risk, which given the issues my fellow Sergeant of Marines has stated he is dealing with, is about the only downside I can possibly see of the OP doing OC in his AO, especially with his AR ;):

Hood-rat 1: "Yo dawg, you heard about that Jarhead dude down da block that be strapped when he cuttin' da grass?"
    Hood-rat 2: "Yeah...flauntin' his gat like he hard...what about it?"
    Hood-rat 1: "I bet he gots even mo' guns inside his crib...and I need me some mo rocks yo! Plus, you still owe me fiddy dollah so we gonna jack his place an' get paid!"
    Hood-rat 2: "I'm wit it..! We just watch his place an wait till he gone an' steal his :poop:!"

However, the odds of that happening seem rather remote to me. I think far more criminals will be deterred by OC than take it as a challenge. Seeking the path of least resistance is what drives these individuals to commit many of their crimes in the first place (versus getting an education/legitimate job), so I think that making it known to the locals that they have an increased chance of ending their caper with an acute case of lead poisoning will cause 99.9% of them to do the math:
    :drill: + :ar15:= :stretcher: x :owned:

...and seek softer targets. :twocents:

Uber-mad :mallninja:search skillz...sometimes Iz haz them! :D

Haha, I like your 'Thug theatre' presentation Devil Dog. You know how it works. Every situation plausible is thought through and weighed.

I will say this. We have already been targeted for a break in and I'm pretty sure we ARE targeted for a potential second go. Reason why? My children have neighbor kids over and play ps3 and toys and whatnot. Those kids go home and tell THEIR parents and big brothers what kind of "cool stuff" we have or just that we keep a nice clean house. :dunno:

Top Bottom