• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm just curious what ammo your 10/22 likes best. Last weekend I had quite a few FTE's with the Federal bulk. The Federal Champion and Remington Yellow Jacket's where flawless. It also works great with CCI. The next time out I'm going to try some Remington Golden Bullets. I have a bulk pack sitting in my ammo stash. I also, have a bulk pack of Winchester X to try. I also, bought a bulk pack of the Federal Champion, because it liked it so much. My 10/22 is my only .22 that is ammo picky.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    My 10/22 feeds just about anything as long as the feed ramp is clean. When dirty, it prefers 36gr copper plated HP's like Federal Bulk. With a clean ramp and chamber, it loves CCI Standard velocity. I have a green mountain bull barrel and when it's not overly fouled, it'll shoot five shot groups that can be covered with a nickel at 50 yds when there are no flyers.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Federal Auto Match...great stuff when you can find it...

fedautomatch.jpg

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    My target tactical so far has only eaten Remington and Federal big bulk boxes (500 rds). I'm through about 800 total rounds and haven't had a single failure or stoppage yet.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Accuracy wise, my 10/22 really likes the Winchester 333 bulk ammo, also likes Mini-Mags and Blazer. Every .22 I've ever had has been particular about which ammo it will shoot best.

Reliability wise, I've yet to have a malfunction of any kind with my 10/22 through about 500 rounds. Off the top of my head, so far it's eaten Remington Thunderbolts, Federal Champion standard velocity, Blazers, Winchester Wildcat, Winchester Super X, Winchester 333, Federal red box.

DaDowd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Muncie, In
    Mine has several mods done to it, but it really doesnt like super x from Winchester. everything else works great. even Subsonic

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Mine likes anything as well. I've tried to standard on the Federal Bulk. I actually like the 50 packs of Federal 40 gr from Walmart. The boxes are as cheap or cheaper than the 550 bulk packs, are 40 gr, and I think the smaller boxes are a little more organized and easy to manage...

My :twocents:.

deter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Auburn, IN
    I just bought my 10/22 this year. I shoot cheapo remington brass plated hollow points from wally world (box of 525 for ~$20). I took it out a couple weeks ago.... on the first shot at about 80yards... put it perfect on the center of the target. I am satisfied

Top Bottom