• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    Standing in line at Shooters (transfers) the most common theme being discussed was how REASONABLE guns sold. THIS SALE WAS A GREAT ONE, only 127 firearms,most NIB. Colts selling for $500-$750 with NO BUYERS PREMIUM OR SALES TAX. Noticed big smiles on the GoldCup buyers.

This is the second northeast indiana auction I have attended in as many weeks,PLEASE belive me when I tell you the people in that part of the state are the friendliest and most hospitable. The church women in bluffton really know how to bake. I had to wear a wide load sign on my a** for a week.
    There are still some auctioneers who can get it done without gouging the public with the dreaded BUYERS PREMIUM.:rockwoot: Thank you WEIGMAN AUCTION.

Last edited:

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Good to hear, that "BUYERS TAX" is the biggest sham ever to hit the auction circuit! The auction companys will use the excuse that it is a needed marketing tool so they can offer lower commission fees to sellers! But I know very few sellers who are paying less percentage commission fees now than before the buyer premium craze? They are smacking both ends here, I rarely will go to the auctions with this "TAX" Why in the Sam Heck anyone would bid on an item, win the bid, go to office and pay and increase the bid 10% or more? Geeez!

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Every gun auction I've been to, the bidding starts where I want it to end! :dunno:

Same here. Especially at farm auctions or estate auctions that feature just a table or two of firearms.

Common, beater rifles and shotguns go for more that you can buy a new one for at a shop 5 or 10 miles away.

The last handgun I bid on was several years ago. It was an older Llama .32 acp that had the original box and papers. In excellent, possibly unfired, condition, and I thought it was a neat little piece. But a Llama, nontheless. This was, I believe, in Perry County? I remember there was a cemetery on the edge of the property.

I could have gotten a nice S&W for what it finally brought. No problem. Somebody wanted it more than I did. I have no problem with that.........

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I can't speak for all, but when my Granddad died, because of some family fighting, "Everything" went through the auction. Because of that, if a family member wanted something, they had to bid on it just like everyone else. Some of the items went high, because one family member didn't want another getting it, and a few more, because there was no way the item was going to leave the family. You might have just happened to find an auction with a similar problem.

Top Bottom