• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I think TPD gets a pass cuz they're corrupt. it says he came out of the house with a weapon and wouldn't drop it... thats time for negotiation, not bullets. if he had moved threateningly towards the officers, then its time for bullets.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    *seems* pretty reasonable, man will not drop weapon after being told to do so repeatedly. more chance than i woulda gave someone threatening me or mine. IF (and i do mean if!!) he was actually guilty of sexually assaulting an 8 year old girl, yeah, i couldn't be happier he's no longer with us.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    At least they identified themselves, and didnt kick in his door this time. If the guy knows the police are there, and still comes out with a weapon, then I would have to think he got what was coming.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    The man yelled something about "Suicide by Cops" according to the report.
    If that's true he got his wish.
    And having first hand knowledge of child abuse cases where very young children were sexually assaulted, IF the guy did that, he's right where he belongs now. :twocents:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    It seems like if the "weapon" was a gun, they would have mentioned it...If he walked out onto his porch with a knife, I think shooting him that quick would be excessive.

And having first hand knowledge of child abuse cases where very young children were sexually assaulted, IF the guy did that, he's right where he belongs now. :twocents:

Amen(with an emphasis on the "IF").

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Wow....Tuscon is quite the place.

Next thing you know somebody will be using the shooting of a congresswoman to distract attention from the assasination of a federal judge.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I agree that if some guy did that to an 8 year old he should be shot...however not by the police at the scene. That's why we have the judicial system. Once pronounced guilty by a jury of his peers, then take him out behind the wood shed and put a bullet in his head. No one is guilty at the scene.

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette

Agreed, IF he did it, he actually got off pretty easy...he deserves far worse than death by a bullet. :xmad:

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    The alleged offense chaps my hide. Not that it's any better for a 12-17 YO to commit a sex offense on a young child, I just get even more pissed off when it's an adult doing it!

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Easy to play armchair quarterback on these incidents. I do find interesting the suspect was carrying a "weapon." That covers a lot of territory. The other interesting statement is " Officers then fired an unknown number of times." I wasn't there, and the Tucson officers didn't post a discussion on INGO before they took action, so we'll just have to wait for the facts.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    It seems like if the "weapon" was a gun, they would have mentioned it...If he walked out onto his porch with a knife, I think shooting him that quick would be excessive.

I seem to remember this video posted here on INGO

(https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...nife_graphic_video.html?highlight=knife+kills)
    where one man with a knife managed to at least one armed officer and chase about several others before being brought down. Granted, the knife-wielder was being accosted by the world's most idiotic officers down in Nicaragua, but still. A knife is every bit as deadly as a firearm in many circumstances, particularly if the assailant can get close enough to negate the advantage of your own weapons.

If he knew the police were outside and left his home armed and refused to drop the weapon after being surrounded by officers...I hope they gave him the chance to make some manner of aggressive movement towards one of them before opening up, but it doesn't look like he was interested in making it out alive.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'm not going to downgrade to a taser with dealing with a guy with a knife. A determined individual can defeat a taser (and that's not even counting if you miss, which happens frequently), and then what?

In this case, I'd say the other 4 officers on the scene open up on him. In a one one one situation that is a bit different, but when you have 4 other armed people that have your back well.....:dunno:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In this case, I'd say the other 4 officers on the scene open up on him. In a one one one situation that is a bit different, but when you have 4 other armed people that have your back well.....:dunno:

Ok, you hold the taser... and I'll hold the gun. But I do understand the logic. That's actually what we're taught. One thing to further consider, is that tasers aren't universally issued. Some people think that every officer in America has one.

Top Bottom