What anti gun bias will ABC put in the upcoming episodes?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just watching the OSU game with the wife and we see a commercial for Modern Family and I believe the show immediately after it (Blackish?). Both are gun themed. Im not sure what Modern Family's take is on it (All I saw was Sophia Vergera take a handgun from the top shelf of the closet, then accidentally hit Ed Oneil in the shin with it as she walked by him.

But the show after I did see the promo for completely. Husband insists that they need to get a gun, but the wife is anti. They decide to rock paper scissors to decide and dad throws a gun as his "weapon". "whats that?" "its gun. Gun beats everything.".

Whenever the networks put a common theme across shows simultaneously, they are pushing some political agenda like teen pregnancy, etc. Wonder how they are gonna spin this one?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Meh, if I watch modern family at all it's only to see Sophia Vergara bounce. Never heard of the other show, but then I don't watch much tv.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Remember their audience. They do not see good people vs. bad people. They just see good people who "make mistakes." And not having a gun around, prevents good people from "making mistakes." Put aside for the moment the fact that, not having a gun, makes good people more vulnerable to bad ones. Because, you see we don't really buy into the whole, "good people / bad people" thing. It's just about error-proofing the world so those good people don't experience that sad trombone, "wah-waah" moment.

Same thing with Gun-Free Zones. Malls, schools, etc. don't contain bad kids. They just contain good kids acted upon by bad influences, who "make mistakes." No bad people there. No reason to go all crazy having more guns. That just makes "mistakes" more likely.

It's non-judgementalism, taken to the Nth degree. It's re-defining deviant behavior as a "mistake" (see the football players tackling referee thread, for examples of apparent gun-owners acted upon by the same psychological menace, applied to a different subject).

I'll go out on a limb and say, expect Archie Bunker, M*A*S*H, and Ed Asner (for those of you who are a certain age), rolled into one and updated with "modern themes," and with a splash of Ad-Council thrown in. It's a wonder how we survived all that indoctrination, isn't it? (Well...I guess not everyone did).

Mistakes. We have to "educate" people so they don't "make mistakes." Yech. Idiocy.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2008
    Undisclosed Location
    We have the following channels, Movies, H&I, MeTv, MeeToo, and some others that I cannot recall at this time. These channels have old programs like CHiPs, Hill Street Blues, NYPD Blue, etc....... Most of them have an anti-gun slant. Gun owners are portrayed in a rather poor light.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Haven't watched even 30 seconds of Modern Family, and there are abundant reasons to actively avoid that **** show other than just an anti-gun slant.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If your mind is changed on gun issues by a sitcom, I think we can just reprogram you with a DVD of Gran Torino.

Sofia could be shouting that guns kill baby harp seals and steal the souls of puppies, as long as she bounces while shouting it.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    If your mind is changed on gun issues by a sitcom, I think we can just reprogram you with a DVD of Gran Torino.

Sofia could be shouting that guns kill baby harp seals and steal the souls of puppies, as long as she bounces while shouting it.

True, but that doesn't mean you have to reward their sneering with your viewer ratings.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    We love Modern Family...the way they write it and the fast cut back and forth between families style makes the show. One episode that applies to this thread showed what Claire did to unwind....went to an indoor range and shot handguns.

We've also started watching Blackish and like it....the last episode had the parents dealing with their son saying the "N" word and getting expelled from school.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I won't be swayed, but remember the general public thinks Jon Stewart was a news anchor/ program.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    True, but that doesn't mean you have to reward their sneering with your viewer ratings.

I like the show. I'm rewarding it's entertainment value with my viewer rating. I'd watch Ed O'neill launder his socks, as I'm pretty sure he could make it funny. If I enjoy a show, I'll watch it. If I find a show angers me (The Daily Show) then it's lost its entertainment value and I won't.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I won't be swayed, but remember the general public thinks Jon Stewart was a news anchor/ program.

His show was specifically designed that way, though. It was a clever move. When you see a cartoon, you know it's a cartoon. When you see a sitcom, you know its a sitcom. By recreating the trappings of a news program, on some level its much easier to take it as a news program. Arguably, most big ratings news shows are more editorial shows than news shows at this point, anyway.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Good point. I can always mute the TV or the youtube video.

yay2.gif

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Blackish was surprisingly fair and was very good. After the dad almost **** his father by mistake, I thought it would go down hill from there, but it didn't. The grandfather admitted that he CC'd and told his son to keep the gun, get training and keep it in a safe until he learns how to use it. They even poked fun at the stupidity in requiring a 10-day waiting period for handguns, but not shotguns because "handguns are dangerous."

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Blackish was surprisingly fair and was very good. After the dad almost **** his father by mistake, I thought it would go down hill from there, but it didn't. The grandfather admitted that he CC'd and told his son to keep the gun, get training and keep it in a safe until he learns how to use it. They even poked fun at the stupidity in requiring a 10-day waiting period for handguns, but not shotguns because "handguns are dangerous."

Color me shocked. I have them both on the NVR but havent had time to watch yet. Just got home a bit ago from the low light shoot at Parabellum.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I just watched The Modern Family episode, if you find an anti-gun bias you're pushing real hard. I wouldn't have even considered it if I hadn't seen this thread.

It's plainly a pellet gun, referred to as a pellet gun, and the setup is not that of "found gun hurts someone."

Top Bottom