What are you cooking on this Independence day?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I was sitting here just wondering what people are making for the holiday. I bought a smoker about a month ago and will be trying my hand at some racks of ribs. I have a rack of pork spare ribs and a rack of really meaty beef ribs. Hopefully the come out well. So what are you making?

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I'm doing dry babyback ribs. About to start them now actually.

Once the smoker gets fired up though, neighbors start showing up and tossing on other stuff. I predict a whole chicken and some sausages at the very least.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    We may do something a little more simple this year.
    We had tried some jalapenos with hotdogs and cheese stuffed in them, deli mustard. Pretty good eating.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Two nice thick rib eye steaks maybe some shrooms corn on the cob Texas toast.

Nothing real fancy but the streaks look look wonderful and it has been a while since I had a real nice one.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Weber kettle. Chicken thighs and steak kebabs. Got some martins deviled egg potato salad to help complete the noms.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Went to my sons place for lunch and had bacon burgers and coney dogs. Came home and the neighbor had 7lbs of rib tips cooking along with 5 lbs of wings. I'd planned on ordering a pizza and heading downtown for fireworks but I'm so stuffed,don't think I'll make it off the couch the rest of the evening.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    It will be a surprise. My VFD always mans the station on Independence Day evening (and New Year's Eve), with the department paying for the main course and everyone bringing sides and chips and salsa and such. And fireworks. Have no idea what the "chefs" have chosen, but likely brisket and/or sausage and/or burgers. Hungry...about to head to the station...

Lumpy76

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Hebron
    Put on a brisket late last night. Took off at 1:00, rested for two hours, ate while slicing and two sandwiches. OMG, came out great. Used pellet grill and Amazing smoke tube. I am done for the night. The wife went out and I am home. I do have to work at 4am so I understand. Happy 4th everyone!!!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hot dogs, foil grilled potatoes with onions and cheese, baked beans. Had fresh lime pickles almost straight from the canner.

Top Bottom