What are you doing differently, MID 2020?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I have a rifle in the car now. When all of these cops who have been charged criminally for doing their jobs are acquitted and Trump is reelected it's going to hit the fan again, and next time around it's going to be way worse. Burning downtown businesses will be only the beginning.

Katana1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I have a policy of contineous improvement, Kaizen. As new threats emerge, I upgrade my weapons, skills and tactics where possible. Specifically, I regularly look at each firearm, it's intended use, its current suitability for that use, and look for ways to improve it's effectiveness or extend my or it's capabilities. Example: A low power variable optic replaced red dots, and I've added a long distance rifle to the mix. Added a heat shield to the shotgun, etc. As I get older, I am much less able to go toe-to-toe with an agressor, not to mention groups of agressors. I want to avoid CQC to the extent possible. Let the younger guys have it. [No guts, no glory? Thankyou, I'll keep my guts and let others have the glory.] If circumstances permit, overwatch from concealment is more my cup-o-tea these days. Distance can be your best friend. And don't forget the tactics your ma and grandma taught ya!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    So your main reason changing from 300 BO to .556 was having the same ammo in the magazines? I was considering doing a 300 BO pistol for the house and vehicle. Possibly can on the one in the home for hearing protection.

The biggest reason for the change is that I buy 5.56 by the case and shoot it a lot. 300BO is a lot more expensive and after having the 300BO suppressed HD weapon for a couple of years, I realized that I have only put maybe 300 rounds through it during that time. Where as, I’ve put far more 5.56 through those rifles. To that, add the issue of having loaded mags for the HD rifle as well as loaded mags for the other rifles around and it just made more sense to switch uppers and move the suppressor over to a 5.56 pistol.

I still have the 300BO upper but no longer keep loaded mags for it around. All AR mags are loaded with the same ammo so the off chance of grabbing the wrong mag at the wrong time has been eliminated.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Updated my EDC to an XDm45 with extended extra mag for 30 rounds most times. Finished an AR45 for the truck with a couple 26rd and 30rd mags for it. I have been keeping the 300Blk suppressed close by downstairs at home. Mostly just a little more prepared for going out. Luckily I don't think I will run into any angry mobs like some of the bigger cities have to deal with.

mechmc17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Zionsville
    Added multiple fire extinguishers to protect the house. With mobs throwing molotov cocktails into private property, and police/FD not responding, figured I’d be on my own. Fire can wreck your best laid defense plans faster than anything else. Also have set up other defensive things within close reach for all the areas I spend the most time.

Top Bottom