• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Dying to drop one with my new Puma 454 Casull. Never taken one with a lever action and can't wait to do so (this post also acts as kind of a wish and a prayer, AMEN).

My dad just bought one of those last year. He then got it magna-ported to try to reduce the recoil.

Do you have a scope mounted on it? He had a heck of a time mounting one on his since he had to mount it so far forward on the receiver because of it being a top eject. He ended up using a pistol scope with a really narrow field of view.

rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    Archery
    Bear The Truth 29" draw 68#
    Shooting GoldTip arrows and Magnus Stinger Buzzcut Broadheads.

Firearm
    Mossberg 500 20ga with fully rifled barrel, and scope. Shooting Hornady SST slugs.

Muzzleloader
    Traditions Evolution Long Distance

jmtruhn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    I don't bow hunt. But I will use my TC Firehawk for both firearm and muzzleloader. My son will use a Remington 870 and a TC Encore.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Just wondering what everyone is going to use this year. I'll be using......

Archery- '08 Mathews DXT 29/70 Shooting Beman MFX 400's with Grizzly Phat-heads.

Firearm- T/C Encore 15" .243 Pistol topped with a BSA 2-7 power scope. Shooting ACME 95gr Hornady SST's.

Muzzleloader- T/C Encore .50 topped with a Nikon Monarch 2.8-10x42.
    Shooting 100grains of Tripple 7 behind 250gr shockwaves. :draw:
    Have they changed the Min. bullet diameter for Deer handgun hunting. The Min. diameter used to be .357". The .243Win. would not make the grade??

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    No Scope

My dad just bought one of those last year. He then got it magna-ported to try to reduce the recoil.

Do you have a scope mounted on it? He had a heck of a time mounting one on his since he had to mount it so far forward on the receiver because of it being a top eject. He ended up using a pistol scope with a really narrow field of view.

No scope, iron sights. May do the scope for next year, but I'm wanting to try it without. Of course, this severely limits my range as I would never chance a less-than-lethal shot.

jlm223

Aim Small Miss Small
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Muncie
    Archery : Bear bow, done deal

Firearms : Marlin 44 leaver action, Ruger super redhawk w/ Leupold scope.
    Hornady 44 Mag 225gr. in both, may try my reloads this year.
    I have harvested deer with all 3 weapons. :ingo:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Archery: PSE Brute LT/70# 29" draw length. Carbon Express with Magnus Stinger 4 blade.

Firearm: PSE Brute LT/70# 29" draw length. Carbon Express with Magnus Stinger 4 blade.

I'm really trying not gun hunt this year and strick with bow hunting exclusively. I say that every year but end up grabbing the Mossy 500 12GA and Breneke KOs but maybe this will be the year! :)

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Have they changed the Min. bullet diameter for Deer handgun hunting. The Min. diameter used to be .357". The .243Win. would not make the grade??

Pistol caliber rules are different from rifle rules. .357" is a rifle rule. .243 is for handguns, which is allowed to use longer and therefore more powerful cartridges than in rifle.

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    Archery: 2008.5 Elite GT500 78#, 460grn Easton FMJ's, launched 300+ fps... Tipped with either a Rage 2-Blade or Montec CS depending on situation and mood...

During firearms I still use my bow mainly, but if I do take a firearm it is a handed down Muzzle Loader...

hoosiercheetah

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I have an old Mathews Solocam that shoots very nicely for me. I can group under 4" at 45 yds with it. I don't shoot that far from a treestand, because conditions are never ideal, but still. Not bad for a 100 dollar craigslist find.

For firearms and mz season I use a CVA Buckhorn .50 with 100 grains of triple se7en (2 pellets) and Hornady XTP .452 300gr, and the MMP sabots that come with the bullets. I have a Nikon scope that I put on the rifle and haven't had to adjust in 6 years. For less than 150 dollars (not counting ammo) it shoots a 1" group at 100yds, every time.

Midwest207

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Indy
    Get Serious. Get Hoyt.

Hoyt Maxis 31, QAD Ultra Rest HD Pro Series, Extreme Bone Collector Micro Adjust Sight, Fuse Sidekick Stablizer, G5 Peep, Tru-Fire Edge Extreme Release, EASTON N-Fused Carbon arrows with 2" Blaser vains and G5 Montec Broadheads.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    2008 Bowtech Guardian with the Invelvet finish in AP ;)
    Gold Tip Arrows
    G5 Broadheads
    Summit Goliath (cheap gear, wife got it at a Garage sale and it had been used maybe one season $75) Score one for the wife!!! She played all dumb with the guy like she didn't know what it was, he tried to sell her a pos bow with it, after the sale and she had it in the car the dude was like you sure he doesn't need this bow? She looked him dead in the eye and said "nope he's got a brand new Bowtech" lawl!

Hmm That's about all

Top Bottom