What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I picked up Apple+ since we've pretty much exhausted Netflix and Amazon Prime good movies.

Watched Greyhound with Tom Hanks. Very fast moving. I'll watch it again to get some of the finer points, but a good movie on convoys, destroyers and U-boats in WWII during an Atlantic crossing.

Started watching "For All Mankind". An alternate reality take on the space program assuming the Russkies got to the moon ahead of us. Slower paced, but the 1970's were slower than today. So far, so good.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I thought it was ok. I think it would have been better as a limited series with substantially more on the characters' back stories added. Of course with the ending there are plans for a follow up sequel or series.

Watched Warrior Nun this weekend. It had potential but it could have been better.

I'm guessing that this isn't one way you think it could be better:
    https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/warrior-nun-queer-representation/

No clue who Den of Geek is, but they gotta be fans of Vice.

Anywho... I started watching The Spy.

I like series that are long enough to be deeper than a movie, but short enough that it doesn't become overly time consuming. Kind of fond of that British model of 6-10 episodes per season.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Watched Greyhound with Tom Hanks. Very fast moving. I'll watch it again to get some of the finer points, but a good movie on convoys, destroyers and U-boats in WWII during an Atlantic crossing.

Papaw told me when he crossed to North Africa in operation Torch it took 27 days to cross....When he came back home it was just a couple of days...I was kid and asked why that was...He said..."U Boats in 1942, none in 1945..."

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I found a pretty good one on Hulu. Called Palm Springs.

It's a little like Groundhog Day in that the main character (Andy Samberg) relives the same day over and over. He was a guest a wedding and wandered into a mystery cave in the desert and got stuck in a time loop that causes him to relive the wedding and reception again and again.

At one point he hooks up with the Bride's sister, who follows him into the cave and gets stuck in the time loop with him. It's pretty creative and funny. Two thumbs up for sure

Bridget Phetasy said it was one of the funniest flicks she's seen in a while....

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Oh they could have gone full Lilith Fair and it would have been an improvement. But really it was just a pale shadow of a Dan Brown novel.

Hearing that there is supposed to be a "part 2", I'll give it another chance. I was looking/expecting a movie about this group of immortals taking care of situations in the world. Not 2 hours of them being captured and dissected by a mad pharma CEO. :)

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Cagney and Lacey on Prime. I don't like Meg Foster as Cagney in season 1 at all. Season 2 starts with Sharon Gless. Much better chemistry between her and Tyne Daly.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Cagney and Lacey on Prime. I don't like Meg Foster as Cagney in season 1 at all. Season 2 starts with Sharon Gless. Much better chemistry between her and Tyne Daly.

Cagny & Lacey is great, plus it has Carl Lumbly. Sharon Gless is very good as the main character's mom in Burn Notice.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Oh they could have gone full Lilith Fair and it would have been an improvement. But really it was just a pale shadow of a Dan Brown novel.

Hearing that there is supposed to be a "part 2", I'll give it another chance. I was looking/expecting a movie about this group of immortals taking care of situations in the world. Not 2 hours of them being captured and dissected by a mad pharma CEO. :)

You are referring to "The Old Guard" but my comment was about "Warrior Nun". Both look like a second part will be coming. i kinda thought they would follow up Old Guard with a series, losing Theron.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    You are referring to "The Old Guard" but my comment was about "Warrior Nun". Both look like a second part will be coming. i kinda thought they would follow up Old Guard with a series, losing Theron.

Ah, my bad!:)

My wife is down your way helping my daughter as she is due any day now with grandchild number 4 (ugh,I'm getting old) so I'm trying to catch up on watching stuff she doesn't like.

And I'm not doing so well. I tried Hanna. Got a couple of episodes in and wasn't hooked. So then I went to Warrior Nun. I watched a couple there and thought it was interesting that I just watched two shows that had a lot of similarities.

I'm not sure what I'll try tonight.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Congrats on granddaughter #4! I hope all goes well.

I came late to The Umbrella Academy and am 4 episodes in. Different from what I expected but good enough that I will finish it. Season 2 is on the way. I also have the HBO series Watchmen season 1 requested from the library.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Turn on Netflix. I watched season one when the show first aired then lost track of it after that. Really good series, gets better and better.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Lots of bewbs....
    Oh man let me tell ya. I’ve read some reviews of the show and critics weren’t very kind. I thought it was pretty good. It’s too bad they never did a season 3. It was the first Netflix original canceled after just two seasons. It’s certainly not the worst Netflix show I’ve seen. It was pretty well written, other than taking liberties with history. Well acted. The stories were fairly interesting. Of course ample bewbs never hurt. :scratch: probably should rephrase that.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Constantly on the lookout for something funny-ish on Prime (or antenna TV). Good comedy or comedy/drama or comedy/adventure that is not too sad or gory? I used to love a good sitcom, but they all seem so stupid. Tried to watch Sch1tt's Creek and couldn't get through the first episode.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom