What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Tried watching Officer Downe but the double barreled, magazine fed revolver made me turn it off.

[video=youtube;LEuVqUDdjcA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEuVqUDdjcA[/video]

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Anyone watching the 9/11 series The Looming Tower on Hulu? I have told the wife I am surprised no one has made a really good 9/11 movie yet. Just curious how good this series is.

I would think Mel Gibson, Clint Eastwood, Peter Berg or maybe Christopher Nolan could pull off a good movie.

I'm watching it. Good series. I'm also reading the book. It is very good at going through details about Muslim radicalization from the late 1940's on.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Tried watching Officer Downe but the double barreled, magazine fed revolver made me turn it off.

Yeah. The whole double barrel thing is wrong. But remember there is a magazine fed revolver.

https://www.nrablog.com/articles/2016/9/a-brief-history-of-the-peculiar-dardick-revolver-and-tround/

dar-24.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

rransford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2016
    Elwood
    Started watching "Man in the High Castle" on Amazon Prime. About what happened after WWII if Germany won. It is pretty good so far.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Finished up season 2 of Jessica Jones the other day. Pretty good. Now I just have to wait another few years for Season 3 where things get good again! Also - there may very well be another Marvel show - Hellcat.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Finished up season 2 of Jessica Jones the other day. Pretty good. Now I just have to wait another few years for Season 3 where things get good again! Also - there may very well be another Marvel show - Hellcat.

You actually like Jessica Jones? I've seen it in the queue, but never really considered watching it.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Someone recommended the Siege of Jadotville on Netflix. It is based on a true story and is a really good movie. I now also highly recommend it. It is about a battalion of Irish peace keepers in Africa in the 1960's. They really got hosed and there is a good chance the UN Secretary General was assassinated when his aircraft was shot down while trying to solve some of the problems going on at the time.

Lot's of FAL's and Enfields if your into that sort of thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Siege_of_Jadotville_(film)

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    You actually like Jessica Jones? I've seen it in the queue, but never really considered watching it.

It's not bad. I liked season 1 better, actually. Season 2 kind of goes into "the making of Jessica Jones".

I do think that Marvel and Netflix can ride that gravy train as long as Netflix remains a viable business. Their multiple series on the platform are all decent - from 45 to 55 mins at a time.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's not bad. I liked season 1 better, actually. Season 2 kind of goes into "the making of Jessica Jones".

I do think that Marvel and Netflix can ride that gravy train as long as Netflix remains a viable business. Their multiple series on the platform are all decent - from 45 to 55 mins at a time.

I've wondered about this. Disney now owns Marvel, and have been removing content from Netflix and apparently are to start their own streaming service. Should be interesting to see how that plays out. I guess I may give Jessica Jones a try. Marvel/Netflix hasn't steered me wrong yet.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I've wondered about this. Disney now owns Marvel, and have been removing content from Netflix and apparently are to start their own streaming service. Should be interesting to see how that plays out. I guess I may give Jessica Jones a try. Marvel/Netflix hasn't steered me wrong yet.

Agreed. The future of the Marvel shows' distribution will be interesting to watch. I know at THIS time, I don't plan on subscribing to a Disney streaming service - but who knows. Between their network TV, EPSN, and all their kids networks and movies - it may be compelling.

Daredevil has been my favorite so far. Luke Cage and The Defenders probably tied for #2. I'd put Jessica Jones ahead of Iron Fist. Note: All this is from a guy who has ZERO experience reading any of the actual comic books / knowing zero backstory of any of it.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Disney now owns Marvel, and have been removing content from Netflix and apparently are to start their own streaming service. Should be interesting to see how that plays out.

I've paid for licensing to show movies during our summer camps some years. (I don't want to pay if we're not actually going to use it.) It used to be easy to go through a big clearing house that was one license for nearly everything. About 3 years ago Disney pulled out of that, and you now have to license their stuff separately.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Agreed. The future of the Marvel shows' distribution will be interesting to watch. I know at THIS time, I don't plan on subscribing to a Disney streaming service - but who knows. Between their network TV, EPSN, and all their kids networks and movies - it may be compelling.

Daredevil has been my favorite so far. Luke Cage and The Defenders probably tied for #2. I'd put Jessica Jones ahead of Iron Fist. Note: All this is from a guy who has ZERO experience reading any of the actual comic books / knowing zero backstory of any of it.

No Punisher?

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The "Santa Carlita Diet" and "Great British Baking Show" on Netflix. Not a lot of time for TV lately. Very surprised at the baking show. It's very entertaining.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    For some reason everytime I saw Santa Clarity Diet pop up I thought it was a chick flick. Then some co workers were talking about it so I thought I'd give it a try and see.....Was very excited to see Timothy Oliphant from Deadwood & Justified in it! Now I'm hooked, funny as hell!!!!

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It is quite funny.... and here's the rub with the new services. It's going to take forever for season 3.

Oh, Atypical is another great show. Really looking forward to season 2.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom