What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What's with all the non english shows? Its very frustrating to find what looks like a good show and then the peoples mouths are moving when no one is talking. Cant stand that.. subtitles suck.
    Wish they would have a filter so i could block all non english speaking shows

I take it you're not an anime man.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    What's with all the non english shows? Its very frustrating to find what looks like a good show and then the peoples mouths are moving when no one is talking. Cant stand that.. subtitles suck.
    Wish they would have a filter so i could block all non english speaking shows

I agree. Sometimes you can select English for audio and get pretty good dubbing. Sometimes not so good. Don't really like subtitles except as a backup.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I started watching Black Mirror on netflix. It's disturbing but some of the episodes are pretty good. It's like a postmodernist version of the Twilight Zone.

I love Black Mirror. From my understanding it's meant to show the possible negatives associated with an ever more technologically advanced society.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Into the Badlands, on Netflix. It's a lot better than I expected.

I watched the 1st season and kind of forgot about it. Great sword fighting. I didn't understand why nobody cheated and made guns though. The knowledge existed. Someone could have made black powder guns.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I love Black Mirror. From my understanding it's meant to show the possible negatives associated with an ever more technologically advanced society.

I thought the first episode was pretty good, the next couple, not so much. Havent watched past the fourth episode.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I thought the first episode was pretty good, the next couple, not so much. Havent watched past the fourth episode.

They aren't really connected, for the most part... aside from minor referential things. You can always jump around to the higher rated ones.

Some particularly good ones:

Be Right Back, USS Callister, White Christmas, Metalhead, Shut Up and Dance, White Bear...

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    So I am into the 3rd episode of Designated Survivor and it has seems to have an agenda now. Maybe it had one in seasons one and two, but I sure do not remember it. Now it is banning guns, universal healthcare among other things. Hopefully it straightens itself out, I dont like being taught about the evils of owning a gun by a show on Netflix.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    So I am into the 3rd episode of Designated Survivor and it has seems to have an agenda now. Maybe it had one in seasons one and two, but I sure do not remember it. Now it is banning guns, universal healthcare among other things. Hopefully it straightens itself out, I dont like being taught about the evils of owning a gun by a show on Netflix.

Well, consider it started out on a broadcast network, and ABC at that. Sort of explains the political agenda...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, consider it started out on a broadcast network, and ABC at that. Sort of explains the political agenda...

I found "Designated Survivor" to be largely (but not perfectly) apolitical through the first 2 seasons. I do not have high hopes for the Netflix produced 3rd season.

Oh, and I am watching "The Wire". Heard how good it was for 10+ years. Finally getting around to it. Lives up to the hype.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I found "Designated Survivor" to be largely (but not perfectly) apolitical through the first 2 seasons. I do not have high hopes for the Netflix produced 3rd season.

Oh, and I am watching "The Wire". Heard how good it was for 10+ years. Finally getting around to it. Lives up to the hype.

Oh that's a great show. Gritty as hell.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    "The Tunnel" is an interesting detective series on Amazon Prime, but definitely weighted to the left end of the spectrum.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

Yeah, they are throwing in every political topic they can in it. One of the new characters in the White House is gay. No big deal only they have a scene with him and his boyfriend smootching in a bar. Later the guy decides to have an affair and we get him and his one night stand doing their own, fairly graphic, scene from Brokeback Mountain. Then, they decide to introduce the first ladies brother, who is now a girl. The first lady died last season, nothing mentioned at all about contacting the brother/sister,or even that she had a brother. Now Netflix took over, so of course we need to mix in the whole transgender and the right are haters narrative.

So far the best part the show is the Maggie Q story line.

Last edited:

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan

What season of The Wire are you watching? Season 2 is completely different than season 1 but in the end it all ties together.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom