What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Bill Burr: Paper Tiger.

Continuing the push back by comedians against "wokeness" and PC culture. It wasn't his best special, but it was pretty good.

The various streaming services are all competing for stand up specials, so those specials are getting made before the material is quite ready.

But I can't blame the comedians; a special like that is the best money a comedian can get. They can't turn it down.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I reluctantly watched the Collin Quinn standup on Netflix. I resisted because the title was Red state Blue State and thought it was going to be politically stressful more than funny.
    I WAS WRONG. It was really good. Almost more "enjoyable" than funny, and I'm still trying to figure out how he was able to walk a line so well and not appear as though he was trying to avoid insulting one side or the other. It was refreshing to see a perspective (mostly) of a regular person vs hard liner for every single issue.
    I'm still digesting it but I think it was good because he wasn't making fun of one side or the other but rather the tactics both sides use to spin and incite the people.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I'm a little late to the party, but just started watching season 1 of Jack Ryan. Great show once I got used to seeing Jim from The Office as a government agent. Lol

Me too. I didn't remember that he was in 13 Hours although I had seen it. Will be difficult not to binge-watch the second season on 01 November.

He directed his own film that he and his wife, Emily Blunt (the naïve/"principled" FBI agent in Sicario) that came out in 2018. I watched it this weekend it is pretty good, I recommend it. I don't want to give the plot away, so will just say it's sort of post-apocalypse survival. I often find those to be really bad, but this was interesting. It does have some big "why on earth would they (not) do that" as far as the survival aspect goes, but the tension and the acting are pretty good. I think the effect is best if you DON'T watch the trailer and have to figure out what is going on right from the git-go.

ETA: Whoops, the name of the movie is A Quiet Place. Free on Amazon Prime Video.

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I also watched Enter Nowhere yesterday (also on Prime Video). Interesting plot, but could have been executed much better. The most interesting part of it for me was that it has Scott Eastwood in it, Clint Eastwood's son, and boy does he look and act like his old man. Not so much the major character type, but he has a lot of the same small movements as Clint, facial expressions and the way he moves and reacts.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So I started to watch "Another Life" (was recommended in this thread)

***WARNING***
    For those who get triggered by political correctness being shoved up your arse or transsexuals, gays or lesbians. Then you should probably not watch this. And apparently global warming really devastated future earth. I haven't seen any straws, either.

Like I've said before, every time the gay writers would get something past the studios, they treated it as a huge milestone for the gay communities and it would be celebrated like the astronauts ticker-tape parade in the 60s. (but with Glitter) When it would air, there would be "Watching Parties" in advertised locations to see their victory..... until the next one..... then the next one... and so on. I watched this happen in live theatre plays in the 80s then the studios for shows, sitcoms and movies in the 90s. I've been out of that world for a while now but apparently it's still progressing.

Do your damn show but stop shoving your agendas down our throats.
    Just shut up and entertain us.

I kid you not, pretty soon there will be some kind of PC requirements before writing a show of how many things you need to have in it. Like a strange version of "Affirmative Action".

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So I started to watch "Another Life" (was recommended in this thread)

***WARNING***
    For those who get triggered by political correctness being shoved up your arse or transsexuals, gays or lesbians. Then you should probably not watch this. And apparently global warming really devastated future earth. I haven't seen any straws, either.

Like I've said before, every time the gay writers would get something past the studios, they treated it as a huge milestone for the gay communities and it would be celebrated like the astronauts ticker-tape parade in the 60s. (but with Glitter) When it would air, there would be "Watching Parties" in advertised locations to see their victory..... until the next one..... then the next one... and so on. I watched this happen in live theatre plays in the 80s then the studios for shows, sitcoms and movies in the 90s. I've been out of that world for a while now but apparently it's still progressing.

Do your damn show but stop shoving your agendas down our throats.
    Just shut up and entertain us.

I kid you not, pretty soon there will be some kind of PC requirements before writing a show of how many things you need to have in it. Like a strange version of "Affirmative Action".

A recent example of what you discuss is "The Politician" on Netflix. It would have been a much, much better show without all of the unnecessary crap inserted to shock and dismay people like me.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I'm watching Expedition Overland that was just added to Amazon. It's right up my alley with a group of people documenting their overland adventures. The first season is in Alaska and the Yukon. I honestly can't get enough of it.

Overland-Sleep-Systems.jpg

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Marianne. A French horror series on Netflix. It's dubbed into English. The wife and I are liking it very much.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom