What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Started "Good Omens" this weekend. Got it from the library but I assume it is still on Prime. Good British writing. Fans of Sherlock, Dr. Who, and the original Pratchett/Gaiman work should like it. Lots of little Easter eggs thrown in like one scene filmed in the cafe at 221 Baker St, Sherlock's neighbor.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    th

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My wife and daughter loved it. I didn't hate it.

That's about as close as we come to agreeing on a show.

I'm in season two. I have to find something that my wife can enjoy and I can tolerate. I'm getting worn out on this one. I was expecting a little more doctoring and less of the relationship trouble. Tell me if you can without spoilers does the relationship stuff remain the focal point and carry on without resolution?

Does Hart mature at all? Or does she continue to screw up and act like a child?

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I'm in season two. I have to find something that my wife can enjoy and I can tolerate. I'm getting worn out on this one. I was expecting a little more doctoring and less of the relationship trouble. Tell me if you can without spoilers does the relationship stuff remain the focal point and carry on without resolution?

Does Hart mature at all? Or does she continue to screw up and act like a child?

No and Yes...in spades. Without spoilers, the show does evolve a little and starts to parody itself somewhat.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Started watching season 1 of Another Life on netflix. So far it has been interesting enough to keep watching. Kind of neutral on it though.

Season 5 of Outlander is at my library. Really looking forward to that. Got season 4 to refresh my memory of where it left off. Seasons 1-3 are on netflix.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    You might want to keep watching, you might be surprised.

I'm two episodes in which is basically an adaptation of the first 20 minutes of the original movie. Again without spoilers, does it get better? Does Lawrence straighten up? Does Larusso invest in Cobra Kai?

I don't know. I know that I'm having a hard time finding something that my wife can enjoy and I like.

We did good at first with Netflix; Friends, Blue Bloods, NCIS, Madam Secretary. We liked all of those. But so far everything else is meh.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Just watched Away on Netflix. The story of five astronauts traveling to Mars, I definitely recommend watching this new series.

No violence, not much cursing, no nudity, couple mild PG sex scences. . . . I would say fairly family friendly.

:+1: Wife and I started this this one last night. Very well done and family friendly for the most part.
    Nobody getting killed or nekkid! Surprisingly I think it's pretty good. :cool:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I'm two episodes in which is basically an adaptation of the first 20 minutes of the original movie. Again without spoilers, does it get better? Does Lawrence straighten up? Does Larusso invest in Cobra Kai?

I don't know. I know that I'm having a hard time finding something that my wife can enjoy and I like.

We did good at first with Netflix; Friends, Blue Bloods, NCIS, Madam Secretary. We liked all of those. But so far everything else is meh.

You might want to look into CBS All Access. It is less than $10.00/month for commercial free and has most of the shows you mention above plus a lot more like them. I got it as a free trial to watch Picard and have kept it.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    With a bang? Seriously, it was pretty interesting to hear from the people that were affected (both families and people involved with building the rockets). It was also interesting to see the attempted cover up and how it was brought out in the open. I remember watching it in school, but I was young enough that it wasn't more than, "that's too bad".

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    With a bang? Seriously, it was pretty interesting to hear from the people that were affected (both families and people involved with building the rockets). It was also interesting to see the attempted cover up and how it was brought out in the open. I remember watching it in school, but I was young enough that it wasn't more than, "that's too bad".

I remember it. We had a snow day that day, so we were watching it at home.

I'm going to give it a go once I get some time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom