What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    The ending was not great. I thought it was a good series though, IF you like shows that make you think. It is not one where they tell you what is going on.
    I would say first 3 seasons were good, the 4th season went all woke and it went broke on ratings! Like all shows now!

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Re-watched (on Prime) Collateral, with Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx. Tom Cruise as bad guy for once. Good flick.

in the very first moments of the film, Tom Cruise meets someone at the airport. I didn’t catch it the first time I watched a movie, but this time I noticed who the actor is that drops off a bag for Tom.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Re-watched (on Prime) Collateral, with Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx. Tom Cruise as bad guy for once. Good flick.

in the very first moments of the film, Tom Cruise meets someone at the airport. I didn’t catch it the first time I watched a movie, but this time I noticed who the actor is that drops off a bag for Tom.
    So, you gonna share who t is?

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso

I never seen it. Tom cruise is a freat actor evem though he is insane. I will never watch Jamie Fox again after what he said about Django unchained.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I had to Google it, now I remember.

I did notice it at the time, but didn't think of Frank.

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    I haven't watched prime since the first day of commercials, I wonder how much share they have lost.

I may go back for Reacher, but I'm not sure.
    I dont pay for any subscription. Thats the only reason we still have any. My daughter wasnheart broken when i cancelled disney over the woke crap! But version gives it to us free now

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Started season three of Northern Exposure on Prime. Forgot how good the writing was on this show. Season one started out a little slow. But season two rose to a whole new level of creativity.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Started season three of Northern Exposure on Prime. Forgot how good the writing was on this show. Season one started out a little slow. But season two rose to a whole new level of creativity.
    I don’t think we will make it through season one, unfortunately.

I guess I have seen too many shows/movies where the city slicker doc goes to the country and their brains fall out. My wife and I are trying, but we watch an episode and then forget about it. and continue watching Everyone Loves Raymond.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I haven't watched prime since the first day of commercials, I wonder how much share they have lost.

I may go back for Reacher, but I'm not sure.
    I was ticked until it was pointed out to me we had been paying Netflix about $3 for commercial free for several years and I never complained about that. Probably because when I bought it I felt as if it were an upgrade rather than how Amazon made it feel like an upcharge.

That said I get why, the cost of content is worse than the real estate market of late. A little history here, when Netflix started all kinds of content was lying around, mostly unused, making the owners little money, then Netflix came along and a big segment of content owners were more than happy to give them content, generally at a reasonable price.

But as more entered the streaming game, including content owners, prices have skyrocketed, partly because these companies, like paramount and peacock, stopped sharing as much with other streamers to promote their own streaming efforts, to this point making money was not as important as market share.

This is why we have notices from Amazon that notifies shows will be leaving soon, they have lost a lot of the long term rights and are now closer to short term rentals of shows seasonally. But the landscape is not yet set and will not be for a while but it is coming. Recently read that Netflix is the ONLY streamer to ever make a profit. (Amazon not included as their use is a lost leader.)

The consolidation of streamers is underway with many searching for dance partners. Just yesterday news that paramount-peacock may combine came out and the week before news that ESPN-Fox-Warner Bros-Discovery may combine hit.

But in the end most folks are going to pay more to stream than they did for cable…

Top Bottom