What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Stalin croaked 71 years ago today on 05 MAR 53.

I’m going to celebrate by watching The Death of Stalin. Again. Excellent hysterical mocking of the commie bastards. Which I’m sure is why it was not made in Hollywood.

Prime has it for rent. The trailer is good but the movie is much much better for once. They don’t blow all of the best scenes in the trailer trying to prop it up.

The Death of Stalin is an elite tier satire. Every single Jason Isaacs line is amazing.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone watched Suits on Netflix? Just started it. Pretty good so far. What brought it to my attention was the fact that it was the most streamed show of 2023. Partly because it has 134 episodes it was watched more hours than any other show.

Anyone watch it?

Its a terrific show, the wife and I love it. I believe we are season 3. We do not watch a ton of TV so it is taking us some time to get through.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I think I am dropping Hulu. I signed up to Paramount Plus today which gives us a live CBS channel for local news if we need it. We have Philo for OP Live and it has everything we use Hulu for so I might as well save us $76.00 a month.

We also have Prime and Netflix so I think we will be set.

Last edited:

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    We have dropped all the paid streaming now. I can afford it but it is on principles at this point. We have samsung and lg tvs which have free streaming and the good ole antenna which gets like 75 channels of garbage! Lol

We still have the free hulu through Verizon and been watchijg vikings, so far a decent show!

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    We have dropped all the paid streaming now. I can afford it but it is on principles at this point. We have samsung and lg tvs which have free streaming and the good ole antenna which gets like 75 channels of garbage! Lol

We still have the free hulu through Verizon and been watchijg vikings, so far a decent show!

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Frailty with Matthew McConaughey (sp?), Bill Paxton, Powers Boothe is excellent. Nice twist at the very end, watch all the way through.

Just tripped over this bloopers reel from T2 Terminator.

Arnold cracks the kid in the head with the barrel of the shotgun at about 1:30. Robert Patrick fires what looks like a full-auto Beretta M-9 at 3:55 or so. Didn’t know those existed. Linda Hamilton was a hotty.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I think I am dropping Hulu. I signed up to Paramount Plus today which gives us a live CBS channel for local news if we need it. We have Philo for OP Live and it has everything we use Hulu for so I might as well save us $76.00 a month.

We also have Prime and Netflix so I think we will be set.
    Local news should be available for free anyway.

Hulu is good for the cheap plan. The live plan may as well be cable.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Local news should be available for free anyway.

Hulu is good for the cheap plan. The live plan may as well be cable.

When I cancelled Hulu Live I noticed my bill was $84.99 a month, so I was paying more than I thought. Paramount Plus was $5.99 per month with a local CBS. I am fine with that.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    When I cancelled Hulu Live I noticed my bill was $84.99 a month, so I was paying more than I thought. Paramount Plus was $5.99 per month with a local CBS. I am fine with that.
    Ouch. I added them both back on black Friday. Hulu was only $.99/month for a year with ads. Just don't get live TV, which we never watch anyway

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Caught the Road House remake today. It's pretty fun. Jake Gyllenhaal is freaking shredded. Enjoyed the south Florida scenery change. Missing a lot of the charm of the original, but not bad on its own.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Caught the Road House remake today. It's pretty fun. Jake Gyllenhaal is freaking shredded. Enjoyed the south Florida scenery change. Missing a lot of the charm of the original, but not bad on its own.
    How is the violence compared to the original? My wife doesn't like graphic violence. She didn't watch the original.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    How is the violence compared to the original? My wife doesn't like graphic violence. She didn't watch the original.
    Pretty mild. Dudes hit each other, some people get stabbed, but nobody gets shot or throat ripped.

Top Bottom