• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    1. All Weapons used for defense are loaded at all times.

2. Weapons are kept clean a dirty weapon is like not wiping you #$s.

3. Children are taught basic gun safety.

4. I do not tolerate people who are “scared” of weapons.

5. If you pull or point a weapon at a person be ready to use it. It’s not the time for soul searching or prayer!

6. Keep firing till the threat is eliminated a human can take unbelievable damage and keep fighting!

7. The French and Indians attack at sunset and sunrise!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Rules I currently employ: in no particular order
    1. Guns are tools not toys: They can be fun, but they are to be respected for what they are

2. No external safeties on carry weapons: K.I.S.S.

3. When you go to the range, your CCW goes with and gets some range time, even on rifle days: You carry it, you shoot it as often as you can.

4. If you depend on the weapon to save your life; when you shoot it, you clean it: an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

5. Range time is not play time, go with a plan for skills development, even if it is just focusing on trigger control.

6. More ammo is better than more guns: git gud with what you got

7. Push yourself to shoot further, shoot faster, shoot the smaller targets, and do it right every time: "aim small, miss small"

8. I'm sure there's more but I'm not sitting here much longer...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My way of life is,

If we could make one change to the site, I would wish that the advanced post window was the default.

I do not know how many times I've needed bullit points and I've hit post instead of go advanced.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My way of life is,

1. Be prepared.
    2. My EDC gun is ED.
    3. Condition 1.
    4. My platform (1911A1) does not change.
    5. EDC 2 spare mags ED.
    6. My Magazines are loaded.
    7. EDC IFAC is ED.
    8. EDC bag is almost ED. I have forgotten to grab it a couple of times. It has The New testement, First Aid (boo boo to trauma), loaded spare mags , fire, sewing, fishing, trapping, paper, pen, spare holster, walkies, water purifier, batteries, chargers, flash lights,multi tool, bug juice.
    9. Go to rifle (Camp 45) condition 1.
    10. Spare mags loaded in bag within arms reach.
    11. Bug out ammo can.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Not like it happens much, but:

If someone calls me on a safety lapse, however minor, I swallow the embarrassment/irritation and say "Thanks for pointing that out". (unless it's my brother, then I say "Ef Off".

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    1. There are always loaded guns in various places in the house. I live alone and don't have to worry about children or liberals hurting themselves.

2. All of my guns have been set up to feel almost exactly the same. I believe in the "beware of the man with only one gun..." theory. Most people would have a hard time distinguishing between my guns by trigger feel/pull weight.

3. Every loaded gun in the house has at least one extra mag and usually more.

4. The carry gun gets exercised every time I go to the range. Regardless of what I am there to shoot the carry gun always gets a few mags.

5. A lack of diversity in firearms means a loaded mag bag will service any gun that's handy.

6. Except for those designated to be out and available, all other guns are locked in the safe at all times.

7. I can't carry a gun everywhere but there is always one either on me or in the vehicle.

8. Guns don't sleep in the car.

9. If I don't know you pretty well, no, I won't show you.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Having a 4yo scampering about, it's on me (or the better half) or locked up. Nightstand gun is a P7 (squeeze-cocker) so she won't have much luck there (and aligning with the previous statement, is only there when I'm in bed which is a lot less than she sleeps)

Mags, lotsa mags. carry guns have extra mags loaded.

Ammo, lotsa ammo. Should never have to buy ammo in order to have enough to go to the range.

Specialization can be good but I know from experience and observation that bad habits can be developed and compensated for (rather than corrected) when only using a single platform. Some of the better range trips with my wife have been getting her to alternate between her .380, a SR22, and FNX45. With just her .380 she flinches and adjusts her aim. The .22 shows the flinch plain as day and the .45 reminds her there are bigger booms then magically her groups are halved with the .380. Find what works and concentrate on it but not to the exclusion of all else because you might miss something better. Also I'm a foot taller, 170lbs heavier, and a whole lot more muscley than my wife. We don't fit the same platform. Period. We don't swap cars much either. or desk chairs. We do rotate the mattress a lot.

lighten up. have fun. Be safe and responsible but enjoy life. It's too short already and too many people are downright grim and gloomy on a good day.

Moderation in everything, including moderation.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The Four Rules are the outline of your behavior--handling, training or fighting.

Discipline and mindset are the weapons. The weapon is merely a bridge for your will.

Triggers and sights are all that matter. Triggers being slightly more important than sights.

Always practice malfunction drills. If your weapon does not malfunction, you are not shooting enough and you need to run mal drills more.

Always practice with one hand, including malfunction drills.

Always train with quality ammo, not Kirk's reloads.

Find a pistol you like, buy three more just like it.

Buy a Rubbermaid tub full of magazines.

Put fresh ammo in your carry guns.

Check your carry gun once a week.

When you buy a holster, buy a belt from the same maker.

Don't put crap on your rifle/carbine/shotgun that does not solve a problem for you.

With revolvers and shotguns, the schwerpunkt is reloading.

Extended tubes on shotguns are goofy, heavy, and s**t magnets.

Slings on long guns, hooks in bathrooms and pants on monkeys.

If you put a light on a long gun, frickin' put ALL THE LUMENS on the long gun.

Train manipulation. Gun handling (incl. running the gun) must become thoughtless so that the lizard brain runs the weapon while the monkey mind fixes your real problem.

10,000 repetitions of a drill are only a start.

Shooting must become work before it becomes fun.

The magazine is the weak square of any self-loading weapon. Do not fall in love with your mags. They are merely cartridges.

Ammuniton is the bridge to skill.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The Four Rules are the outline of your behavior--handling, training or fighting.

Discipline and mindset are the weapons. The weapon is merely a bridge for your will.

Triggers and sights are all that matter. Triggers being slightly more important than sights.

Always practice malfunction drills. If your weapon does not malfunction, you are not shooting enough and you need to run mal drills more.

Always practice with one hand, including malfunction drills.

Always train with quality ammo, not Kirk's reloads.

Find a pistol you like, buy three more just like it.

Buy a Rubbermaid tub full of magazines.

Put fresh ammo in your carry guns.

Check your carry gun once a week.

When you buy a holster, buy a belt from the same maker.

Don't put crap on your rifle/carbine/shotgun that does not solve a problem for you.

With revolvers and shotguns, the schwerpunkt is reloading.

Extended tubes on shotguns are goofy, heavy, and s**t magnets.

Slings on long guns, hooks in bathrooms and pants on monkeys.

If you put a light on a long gun, frickin' put ALL THE LUMENS on the long gun.

Train manipulation. Gun handling (incl. running the gun) must become thoughtless so that the lizard brain runs the weapon while the monkey mind fixes your real problem.

10,000 repetitions of a drill are only a start.

Shooting must become work before it becomes fun.

The magazine is the weak square of any self-loading weapon. Do not fall in love with your mags. They are merely cartridges.

Ammuniton is the bridge to skill.

Well, there was this one mag that I fell in love with in my formative years... ;)

b3fec25a64fe73b18c483e5fbac5aae7.jpg

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    every gun that can shoot is loaded. Always. An unloaded firearm is called a rock.
    If it isn't a .45 and a 1911,it's not mine.
    One comes with me everywhere.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If I wouldn't go there unarmed, there's no reason for me to be there armed.

Words of wisdom.

Not my words. From a wise friend.

I don't know that I'd agree. Perhaps at one time this made sense, but now, is anywhere truly safe, as in not needing some way to defend yourself? Churches used to be safe. Grocery stores used to be safe. Homes used to be (reasonably) safe, but now even homes in "good" neighborhoods are targets for home invasions. So unless you're planning on living in a cave in the Himalayas or something, the potential for having a reason to be armed is going to be there. :dunno:

Top Bottom