• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PwrCruz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Westside Indy
    Depending on if we have to hike out or we can drive out of a SHTF situation but it would work out something like this.
    Me my AR, Glock17 and a supressed Browning Buckmark in my pack.
    Wife Glock19 ,sub2k with G19 mag well.
    Kids would have Sig522 and Ruger 10/22.
    If we could drive out then we would take every.

JRL

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Broad Ripple
    My brothers and I agreed we would all focus our prepping ammo needs around the 12 gauge, the .22lr and the .38 special (this was a battle but what we all finally agreed on). That being said:

Walther P22
    Remington 597

Remington 870 - 12 gauge

I have a few different .38s and a Ruger 77/357. Would like to get a lever action 357/38 rifle soon so if anyone has any suggestions, please toss them my way.

And my brand spanking new Remington 1911 is sort of the odd man out but I won't be leaving it behind.

MJ06IU

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Indy
    Money is no object?!?

I'd take a baseball bat with rusty nails in it and my ex-wife.....She's mean enough and hunts with a spear(Aunt Bunny). I'll use the bat for fight her off after she catches the our meal.:dunno::bash:

Maybe a 10/22 to plink with for entertainment?

Tandem160

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Me:
    (Ready carry) Sig 516, 15 pmags. (Side-arm) Kimber Combat Carry, 7 mags.
    Wife:
    (ready carry) ATI 10/22, 7 mags. (Side-arm) walther p-22, 5 mags.
    Oldest son:
    (ready carry) 870 special purpose, 2 bandoleers 00 buck. (Side-arm) Kimber Covert, 7 mags.
    youngest son:
    (ready carry) 10/22 w/ leupold, 5 mags. (Side-arm) Glock 27, 5 mags

I've got a Kel-tec sub-2000 in Glock, 6 g-33 mags as a pack gun. I should dump the g27 for a Glock in 9mm but I haven't.. Yet.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Probably not going anywhere...too hard to carry all the ammo. If the vehicles still run and I do need to go somewhere my RV will carry everything I own for firearms and cutting edges so why choose?

If you want to wander into the woods and survive like a mountain man then you'd better take a mountain man kind of weapon. I'd take my Marlin 1895CB .45-70 and several hundred rounds...and my Walther air gun because after I run out of pellets and nails I can probably shoot small rocks.

There's always the Hawken .50...

columbusprepper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Me:
    (Ready carry) Sig 516, 15 pmags. (Side-arm) Kimber Combat Carry, 7 mags.
    Wife:
    (ready carry) ATI 10/22, 7 mags. (Side-arm) walther p-22, 5 mags.
    Oldest son:
    (ready carry) 870 special purpose, 2 bandoleers 00 buck. (Side-arm) Kimber Covert, 7 mags.
    youngest son:
    (ready carry) 10/22 w/ leupold, 5 mags. (Side-arm) Glock 27, 5 mags

I've got a Kel-tec sub-2000 in Glock, 6 g-33 mags as a pack gun. I should dump the g27 for a Glock in 9mm but I haven't.. Yet.

got me a glock 22

waiting on funds to get the 9mm barrel. so i can shoot 40 and 9 out of my glock 22
    also got the keltec sub 2000 in .40 which im thinking of selling.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    I keep several bags for different scenarios. Example:

* disruption of services - Small pack with bottled water, snack bars, pocket knife, lighter, and a spare mag for my EDC pistol. Keeps my small family confortable until we can drive out of market to a relatives house.

* Natural Disaster - 72 hour bag with a water filter, cook ware, eating utencils, cordage, flashlights, fire making kit, FMRS radios, spare batteries for everything, emergency blankets, and some canned goods and dried food to make several meals and stay warm if we have to spend a few nights in the car to get where we are going.

* SHTF - 72 hour bag + weapons kit (AK + chest rig + mags/ammo) + dome tent pack. All are packed and sit ready in the corner where they can all be grabbed at once and thrown in a vehicle.

Top Bottom