• ...and so much more!
  • deseag007

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    Lawrence (Indy)
    What are your thought's on the Kel Tec Sub 2000 .40 cal Glock

Hello I am curious to you thoughts on the Kel Tec Sub 2000 .40 cal Glock. I have the opportunity to pick one up from a LEO I used to work with. I have not had the opportunity to fire the weapon yet but do like the breakdown concept.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm assuming you mean ".40 cal" and not "40. cal". ;)

It'd make a nice companion if you've already got a matching Glock and nice concept...

Personally, KelTec doesn't do anything for me, but if the price is right...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have a 9mm. It's different. It's a little uncomfortable to shoot.
    I seem to have to lean my head more than I'm used to, to line up the sights.
    Your cheek takes a bit of a beating from the gun.
    But, the gun is sacrificing comfort for conceal ability.

Look on YouTube. There are mods you can do.

Also
    Gen 1 Sub2000 Accessories

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Although it is still new to me, I love mine! Shoots very well for what it is. First time out with it at MCF&G I ran a box through it and never missed the steel at 25 yards.
    I just bought it this afternoon at Plainfields new store for $369.

Matt

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Have the 9mm version. I like the way it shoots, better than the CX4 Storm. Not as rugged as the Storm, but a lot easier to conceal and carry in a small day pack. Was reading on another forum about one that has had 10,000 rounds through it. The 40 will hit harder than a 9mm.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    There are things that can be done to minimize the cheek contact issues. Tacticool Products in Lexington KY has some neat stuff and you can zip tie a split in half length of foam pipe wrap to the butt tube. Ad hoc looking yes, but comfortable.

http://www.tacticoolproducts.com/

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    Since I always have .40cal Glock mags within reach, I want to like it but I don't plan to even own a Kel Tec. IMO their quality is only slightly above Hi Point's guns that require you to have a felony conviction prior to purchasing from your local dealer in a dark alley.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Since I always have .40cal Glock mags within reach, I want to like it but I don't plan to even own a Kel Tec. IMO their quality is only slightly above Hi Point's guns that require you to have a felony conviction prior to purchasing from your local dealer in a dark alley.

Really?? I own 4 Kel-Tecs including the Sub 2000 and have hundreds of rounds through them and never had a hiccup. Compairing them to Hi-Point is like calling a Chevy a Yugo. Bet you never owned one or shot one. They are not Smith's, Glock's Sig's or even Rugers but they work as well as the name brands that I have. Haters must hate I guess.

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Really?? I own 4 Kel-Tecs including the Sub 2000 and have hundreds of rounds through them and never had a hiccup. Compairing them to Hi-Point is like calling a Chevy a Yugo. Bet you never owned one or shot one. They are not Smith's, Glock's Sig's or even Rugers but they work as well as the name brands that I have. Haters must hate I guess.

One more data point: I have a Sub-2k Gen2 in .40 cal that the bolt seized in the recoil tube. Couldn't even field strip the thing. Sent it back to Kel-Tec and it's functioning fine now. I'm not sure I would trust my life to a Kel-Tec but it is an interesting design and kinda fun to shoot.

Top Bottom