• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Specifically, his carry position.
    IMGP0532.jpg

I'm not looking for advice, I'm not considering doing this, I just haven't seen it before.

My two cents is that it suffers from most of the drawbacks a full on cross draw does, but that a good quartering draw will negate some of that...I think it could be justified if the shooter is running a one point sling with a strong side drop where it may foul up a draw from 3 o'clock.

...but yeah its kind of goofy, and yeah it did come off a zombie forum via google. :)

ArmedRPh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    I think he needs to buy a shirt that fits. It's pulling at all the button holes.

If he is running a one point sling, he is going to have trouble transitioning quickly to his pistol. I was taught to guide the rifle to a hanging position with my support hand while I draw my pistol with my strong hand. He will have to either A) drop his rifle and let the sling catch it, hoping the whole time he doesn't hit himself in the junk or B) draw his pistol from underneath his rifle he is holding out of the way and then swing his pistol around and out to firing position.

I think your assessment of "goofy" is correct.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Depends, for range plinking it's OK. However, it's not a great spot for weapon retention nor is it ideal for a natural draw. Getting down on your belly and you've removed the ability to draw your holstered pistol. This is a rig of a 100% amateur couch commando. He thinks it looks cool so that is reason enough. He has no practical reason to have it any other way.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This is a rig of a 100% amateur couch commando. He thinks it looks cool so that is reason enough. He has no practical reason to have it any other way.

Which is why we see cops carrying Tasers in this manner???:laugh:

My two cents is that it suffers from most of the drawbacks a full on cross draw does, but that a good quartering draw will negate some of that...I think it could be justified if the shooter is running a one point sling with a strong side drop where it may foul up a draw from 3 o'clock.

Too many Old West or cop movies.

Strong side 4 o'clock, if you carry a long gun sling it African or cav, forget the movie one point Donkey Dick crap and you'll be just fine.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

Too many Old West or cop movies.

Strong side 4 o'clock, if you carry a long gun sling it African or cav, forget the movie one point Donkey Dick crap and you'll be just fine.

Would you prefer that cops carry the Taser on the strong side? A few unfortunate incidents have shown that to be a very poor choice.

If a single point doesn't work for you that doesn't mean it won't work for someone else. I strongly prefer a single point sling unless I will be standing around for any lenght of time. The Magpul MS3 fills both a single point and two point role very well.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    You're right, they should carry it strong side with their G22, so that in a high pressure situation they can get mixed up. Also, when on your belly, typically you're not going to need to draw your taser like you would your gun.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    However, it's not a great spot for weapon retention nor is it ideal for a natural draw. Getting down on your belly and you've removed the ability to draw your holstered pistol. This is a rig of a 100% amateur couch commando.

And then

No appreciation for irony?:laugh:

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    He's set up to get a very quick draw of his walkie-talkie with his right hand, and some sort of awkward cavalry draw of his pistol with his left hand.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    One thing I do highly admire about his setup...

A classic wooden bed post. That new fashionable design stuff is no good.

...sans sheets. Says a lot.

I was actually on Kirk's thought process about the Tasers cops carry there, but I also see its a serpa and if the mechanism is going to jam, its pretty likely to happen on a belly crawl.

Its whatever though, I decided to stick with my twin drop leg holsters. They just compliment twin shoulder holsters and my cape so well.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    And then

No appreciation for irony?:laugh:

Could care less about my Taser. If I am rolling around on the ground, a Taser is probably of little value. Now if you are taking fire, there is a good chance you will hit the ground...right on your belly. A Taser isn't going to save my life, if it even works at all.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    I think one of the big problems with this type of carry is it would be a very long draw stroke. If you carry on strong carry side then if you have to draw on someone who is right in front of you then you can just draw,tip, and fire if needed.
    The way he is carrying he could draw but the offender could gain control or at least affect the control of the gun because of the long stroke.

Top Bottom