• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    What is your carry experience and level of training? I (despite what some others on here may think) don't want to come off like a dick or preachy, so please don't take this that way. The things you're asking are things people new to carrying often ask. Either by taking someone's advice, or by diving in head first and learning the hard way, the vast majority end up with a more suitable carry rig.

I know the clip appears super convenient, and the trigger plug seems to alleviate some of the safety concern, but the end result will still be a poorly secured firearm the flops around and is cumbersome and annoying to carry. A good holster and a good belt will keep the weapon securely high and tight to your body. It will distribute the weight so you won't even know it's there. Where you train, you will train muscle memory by always having your gear exactly where it should be. If you have to run, or jump, or roll around, you can rest assured your weapon will still be there if you should need it.
    My carry experiance would be medium. I have been carrying for years. I have just never seen this product before. It looked interesting. Just wanted your thoughts on it. If they were good opinions I would give it a try. Bad opinions, and I wont waste my money.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    Use a good quality holster no matter what gun you choose to carry. As has been said before on this thread, the function of a good holster is to cover the trigger and create a stable environment for your weapon.
    Dont go cheap or with some of the new things called holsters if they wont provide a solid and stable environment for your gun.:twocents:

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    On their website they say not to carry Glocks in the ready to fire condition (no round chambered) with their device. They also have a link to another device that sits behind the trigger to keep it from being pulled until you push the plug out. That indicates to me that they know it is not safe to use their clipdraw with a Glock that has a round chambered.

I would just use a kydex holster that covers the trigger.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Just something else to ponder:

Just covering the trigger with a holster doesn't mean you're safe.

A worn leather holster / soft leather can be just as dangerous. It wasn't that long ago that a guy shot himself in the back of the thigh as he was getting in/out of his truck because his leather holster was too worn out.

Man's Leather Holster Causes Accidental Discharge

Also note: A Glock pistol has THREE SAFETIES on it. Trigger safety, striker safety, and a drop safety. Yes, this is a nit. And it's a nit I like to pick. GLOCKS HAVE SAFETIES.

SafeT blocks are a bad idea because they force you to stick your finger inside the trigger guard to make the gun ready to stick your finger in the trigger guard. Don't need to go poking around in there until you need to - and you don't need/want anything in the way.

ClipDraws are a horrible idea all the way around. Only acceptable if you're not going to carry with a round chambered. And that's a dumb idea, too.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Just something else to ponder:

Just covering the trigger with a holster doesn't mean you're safe.

A worn leather holster / soft leather can be just as dangerous. It wasn't that long ago that a guy shot himself in the back of the thigh as he was getting in/out of his truck because his leather holster was too worn out.

Man's Leather Holster Causes Accidental Discharge

Also note: A Glock pistol has THREE SAFETIES on it. Trigger safety, striker safety, and a drop safety. Yes, this is a nit. And it's a nit I like to pick. GLOCKS HAVE SAFETIES.

SafeT blocks are a bad idea because they force you to stick your finger inside the trigger guard to make the gun ready to stick your finger in the trigger guard. Don't need to go poking around in there until you need to - and you don't need/want anything in the way.

ClipDraws are a horrible idea all the way around. Only acceptable if you're not going to carry with a round chambered. And that's a dumb idea, too.

You forget the most important safety! The brain. Seems that many of the incidents that we do read about could have been avoided if the person(s) involved had only had/used their brain.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    A Glock pistol has THREE SAFETIES on it. Trigger safety, striker safety, and a drop safety.

SafeT blocks are a bad idea because they force you to stick your finger inside the trigger guard to make the gun ready to stick your finger in the trigger guard. Don't need to go poking around in there until you need to

OP, this pretty much says it all.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Buy a Raven Concealment VanGuard 2 instead.

It covers the trigger, it's safer, it's better.

I carry my G30SF with a MIC holster. This is what you want.

GLOCKTECH INDUSTRIES - Home of the Original MIC Holster since 1997

My Crossbreed sits on the shelf.

I do believe the "original MIC" holster may very well be a blatant rip off of Raven's Vanguard - designed by INGO's own Shay. (Mindset Lab)

But for minimalist holsters go, both the VG1 and VG2 from Raven are fantastic.

-J-

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Sell the gun, no need to buy a holster, and just think of how much you will save in ammo.
    i hear they make great bullet proof cell phones now a days too.

?????????????

I think what he's saying is you probably shouldn't be carrying a handgun given that that you're treating such a serious matter as carrying a loaded handgun with such a cavalier and parsimonious attitude.

This thread should have come a complete halt with post number 2. I think this is even better, at least it covers the trigger. :):
    Universal-Handgun-Sandal-Holster.jpg

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    CAUTION

Do not carry the pistol in the ready to fire condition. This is not the recommended safe-carrying method for civilian use. To minimize risk of unintentional discharge, load live ammunition into the pistol only when you are ready to shoot.

* Reprint from the Glock owners manual
    :rolleyes:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    CAUTION

Do not carry the pistol in the ready to fire condition. This is not the recommended safe-carrying method for civilian use. To minimize risk of unintentional discharge, load live ammunition into the pistol only when you are ready to shoot.

* Reprint from the Glock owners manual
    There's a prime reason not to carry a Glock! :):

I think the new manual should recommend Condition Butterscotch.

pellidon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I bought a used Kel Tec PF9 with a clip on the side. It got removed fast. The second problem (everyone has mentioned the first) is the mount screws are tiny for the job they need to do. I've had my Spyderco come loose with the stress of my clipping it to my pocket. The stress on these screws have to be more due to the geometry of the lever arm. Not a good idea IMO.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I think what he's saying is you probably shouldn't be carrying a handgun given that that you're treating such a serious matter as carrying a loaded handgun with such a cavalier and parsimonious attitude.

This thread should have come a complete halt with post number 2. I think this is even better, at least it covers the trigger. :):
    Universal-Handgun-Sandal-Holster.jpg

I am quickly learning who's advice to take and who's to ignore. I asked about a product that wanted to learn about, so I asked a question. There are ways of explaining why a product is bad without being a jerk. Enjoy the ignore list.

Top Bottom