• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    Went to MCFG today with AllenM, he bought a set of steel plates he'd just made this weekend and the worked quite well. Did a little paper shooting as well but mostly had fun shooting the steel plates. I brought my G17, Keltec PF9, and a Springer 1911, Allen had a sweet .357 8rnd revolver, he'll have to jump in and say what it was, he was also shooting a 9mm 1911, and a .45. Did some .22 shooting towards the end and has some fun with his supressor. Took a few pics and got a some video too, overall a good fun day at the range, enjoy!:ar15:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxh8ETckgo8

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rxh8ETckgo8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Keltec jammed several times in each mag using Federal 9mm 115grn ammo, kept double feeding and failing to extract. I had given it a fluff and buff, replaced the extractor+spring, and was using a new mag by keltec. Tried some of allens hotter loads of 124grn and it went through a few mags without trouble so im gonna have to find some similar off-the-shelf ammo to try out.

Top right, I was shooting Allens springfield 1911 at around maybe 15 yards. Top left was me shooting the Glock a bit closer. Bottom left group was Allen shooting 1911 i think, and bottom right was Allen shooting .357. Most of the other holes/taped holes were me shooting the glock and 1911 rapidly at maybe 7 yards.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Nice write up! We must have just missed you as Allen was wrapping up when I got there along with some INGO mods...

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    thanks! What time did you see him there? he was there twice today, i was with him the second time out from about 1pm to 4pm. Another guy shot with us for a bit, i think he might have been an INGO member too, cant remember his name..

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

Top right, I was shooting Allens springfield 1911

Is this Allen's 1911?

If so, I think that may be a Springfield slide, but I'm sure that frame might be a AMT that I sold him (along with the beaver tail safety and hammer) a while back so he could build his own 1911.

If so, it looks like it turned out great.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    :rockwoot: Very nice! Had the same idea here and spent several hours at the range myself on our country's birthday :D Looks like you had a great time, congrats :patriot:

Top Bottom