• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I was at the 1500 earlier this year and a dealer had several low dollar derringer type guns, except instead of two barrels side/side or over/under it had a cylinder with several barrels, I think 12? on the .22 model? I tried googling the gun but couldn't find any information. I don't recall the manufacturer but I wanted to pull up a picture to show a friend but I can't fidn it anywhere.

There were a couple that had small wire stocks on them as well.

Got any ideas?

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    Just to make sure we have the same understanding regarding terminology: the term "derringer" usually refers to a handgun. Was this firearm a handgun with twelve barrels or a revolver (which is a handgun) that had a cylinder that accepted 12 rounds of .22lr and had one barrel out of which the rounds travel?

Also, by "small wire stock" do you mean something that projected from the rear of the area where the firearm's action was and whcih was designed to be placed against the shooter's shoulder for additional support?

How long (i.e., how many inches) was the barrel (or were the barrels) on this firearm?

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Well this was a derringer-looking revolver. There was no separate barrel forward of the cyl, only a derringer-like handle without trigger guard, then the rounds were fired directly from the cylinder/barrel. The cylinders were maybe 3-5" in length depending on caliber.

The one with the wire stock had maybe a 10-12" cyl on it and a short wire stock from the rear of the gun similar to some of the single shot rifles that are just lengthened derringers except again, instead of a single barrel there was a cyl

So I gues you could say this was a 12 barreled gun, the barrels were formed out of a one piece cylinder that was mounted to a pistol stock/frame similar to a common derringer.

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    I am drawing a blank on this but I am no expert. On the firearm with the wire stock, are you saying that the cylinder/barrels were ten to twelve inches long? Were they rifled or smooth inside.

I am thinking that maybe it was some kind of gas gun like a SWAT team might use to fire tear gas canisters? Especially if it was all black.

Something like this maybe?
    CM148.jpg

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Those are kinda neet looking I had thought about getting one before ,.
    The only thing bad about them <and probably what keeps it classified as a derringer > Is you have to turn the barrels by hand after each shot ..
    Still cool as hell looking :rockwoot::D

Top Bottom