• ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I'd build a Grendel or a Valkyrie.

Big argument for the Grendel is cheap steel case ammo. It's nice to be able to shoot it without *having* to reload.

But if you're in it for the reloading as much as for the shooting, by all means a .224V

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    The ATF frowns upon pistol-length barrels with stocks. ;)

ok? When I think "rifle length" barrel, I think at least 18", usually 20"+ or using a rifle-length gas tube...
    you can go shorter than "rifle length", eg a pinned 14.5” or 16” carbine barrel, or you can always SBR...
    also wasn’t sure if you though the stock being collapsible had something to do with it.
    just a semantics thing, I wasn’t clear on what you were saying.
    -rvb

troy28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    Behind the crosshairs
    It's a lower. What's really preventing you from both a 458 and a Grendel upper?

If you want a fully dedicated system, I certainly understand. So 458 socom and you can thank us all later. You also may want to check out Tromix. Has a lot of 458 experience starting back towards its actual development.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    It's a lower. What's really preventing you from both a 458 and a Grendel upper?

If you want a fully dedicated system, I certainly understand. So 458 socom and you can thank us all later. You also may want to check out Tromix. Has a lot of 458 experience starting back towards its actual development.

458 is so expensive to shoot it kills the fun. 450 and 50beo is much cheaper with all the fun. 50beo is my personal preference.

I made a mistake and ordered 4 lowers that I found on sale.. oops... my build list
    224 valk
    5.56 carbine
    Grendel
    And another Beowulf

I love my blackouts pistol and carbine, and I've got a nice factory dd 5.56 and a heavy barrel midlength paper puncher. AR's just seem to multiply lol

I am too ocd to have an upper without it's on lower.

DustyMck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Borden
    I’ve heard food things about Beowulf and the epic poem was great but my knowledge isn’t too strong past 300 blackout 308 and 223/556

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    The more I'm reading on a new caliber the more I'm leaning towards a .224 Valkryie or a 6.5 Grendel...with a 20-24" barrel...

That, or I'm going to build a pistol in .458 SOCOM...???

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    458 pistol? Hmm, might want the >26OAL and VFG for that guy.

My caliber selection for any build is presently biased by a strong preference for JP and L-W barrels. If those two don't offer it, I'm probably not considering it. There are others I'd consider for sure, but those two are the first stop for me.

Top Bottom