What can I expect if I achieve RIFLEMAN at an appleseed relative to this target?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cyprant

Master
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    So I was able to shoot my AR for the fist time and just curious about my group I shot from 100 yards. I had noting to shoot from at the farm as far as a rest goes, so I sat Indian style and shot 5 rounds and managed a 5" group with a 3x9 scope set to 6 or 7 power. I was actually surprised the were all on my target after seeing the crosshairs float all over the place...

What's a respectable group at this distance and set up? I want to do an Appleseed very badly and am also wondering what a "rifleman" group would be at 100 yards??

I know 5 shots is not a real measure of a rifle or a shooter, but I only had 60 rounds and my wife was shooting with me...

IMG_20140801_185507328.jpg

hooky

Grandmaster
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    A rifleman group would be 4" at 100. The whole concept is to make you a 4 MOA shooter or better, teach you about the history of April 19 1775 and send you out to make a difference in your community.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Just go! Appleseed is such a great experience. They will guide you toward better groups. You will end the day a better marksman. If you get your patch, great! If not, you're more educated than you were when you started the day.

Brown

Sharpshooter
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    And here is a great event to attend:
    Appleseed Schedule
    Alan at AA optics is giving away 10 scopes at this event with a random drawing. Max attendance set at 40 so you have a 1 in 4 chance to win. AND you get to learn some history and become a better rifleman. Win Win Situation.

lucky4034

Master
    Jan 14, 2012
    A couple of Apple seeds and I'd comfortably bet a weeks wages that your target will look a lot better than that.... If your goal is to get proficient at shooting man sized targets... Appleseed is right up your alley

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    So I was able to shoot my AR for the fist time and just curious about my group I shot from 100 yards. I had noting to shoot from at the farm as far as a rest goes, so I sat Indian style and shot 5 rounds and managed a 5" group with a 3x9 scope set to 6 or 7 power. I was actually surprised the were all on my target after seeing the crosshairs float all over the place...

What's a respectable group at this distance and set up? I want to do an Appleseed very badly and am also wondering what a "rifleman" group would be at 100 yards??

I know 5 shots is not a real measure of a rifle or a shooter, but I only had 60 rounds and my wife was shooting with me...

View attachment 30746

As an Appleseed instructor I can look at your target and diagnosis some of your problems, though watching you shoot would further confirm my suspicions. Don't wait until you think you're good enough because we are probably going to ask you to do somethings differently. Come to an Appleseed, let us teach you, you won't regret it.

P.S. make sure and bring your wife too.

Iroquois

Expert
    Apr 7, 2011
    Appleseed standard is 4'' at 100 yards, also shooting at 'rifle man's cadence' about 1 shot every 3 seconds. On target every shot. Or several targets, slightly slower. I've seen the instructors do that standing up. Believe it they can make you a better shot. (Wish I remembered how to adjust my font.)

Top Bottom