• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I think each person has to decide what islets for them. I recently retired to Indiana and, at least for now, do not see me leaving any time soon - if ever. I chose the Lifetime for 3 reasons: 1) I had the money and being retired now, not sure if I will have it in 4 years (who knows), 2) I don't plan on moving and 3) Laws change -

BTW - I originally applied 5/21 - I will have it today (6/1). It took me 10 days, which includes Memorial Day!
    Congrats! When you get it in your wallet put a good handgun in a good holster and head for Wal-Mart. Everyone goes to Wal-Mart the first time they carry with an Indiana LTCH, it's tradition. If you OC you'll be shocked at the number of people who don't notice.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I think each person has to decide what islets for them. I recently retired to Indiana and, at least for now, do not see me leaving any time soon - if ever. I chose the Lifetime for 3 reasons: 1) I had the money and being retired now, not sure if I will have it in 4 years (who knows), 2) I don't plan on moving and 3) Laws change -

BTW - I originally applied 5/21 - I will have it today (6/1). It took me 10 days, which includes Memorial Day!

Thats a pretty quick turnaround. Its been a long time, so I dont remember how long it took me, but I think it was much longer than that. Congrats.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Sounds like Indiana has improved its turn around time since I got mine. It's been a long time, but I think it was longer than 10 days. Another example of how Indiana is one of the good states when it comes to carry and gun laws in general.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Well, surprise surprise!

Filled out application Monday 5/21
    Completed fingerprints Tuesday 5/22
    Visited Locals on Wed 5/23
    Locals turned it over to State 5/24
    State Approved 5/25 (per website) - and posts the license number and date issued!

I would think I'd get it in the mail fairly soon.

I'm impressed!

Wow! Just like the Second Amendment says!

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Wow! Just like the Second Amendment says!

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

I'm not seeing the "quick turnaround on a permission slip" in there... first time I've seen that interpretation.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom