What can you reload with 7.62x54r brass?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    What could you use 7.62x54r brass for besides 7.62x54r cause I can't find any bullets for it. Can you use it for 308 reloading?

bulletbaron

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    NW Indiana
    7.62 x 54R Bullets

All you have to do is look anywhere on the Internet and see which companies produce a .311 Diameter bullet, the 303 British and 7.7 Jap round come to mind as those that use a .311 bullet. I know Sierra makes this diameter and I am sure the rest do, I am just too lazy to look them up!

As for Boxer Primed casings, Winchester & Prvi Partizen (sp?) make Boxer primed casings, go to www.grafs.com and you will find EVERYTHING you need to reload this cartridge........................

You're Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bulletbaron

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Graf's Inventory

Graf has 21 different types of .311 Bullets and two types of BOXER Primed 7.62 x 54R Brass (out of stock on the PRVI).

There you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I used to load for the Mosin Nagant. Hanson Cartridge company used to be the only one that sold reloadable brass. I do not know where they got itg, the the headstamp looked Arabic. My good rifle had a Tikka Barrel that was truely a .308 barrel, while my friends rifle needed the .310 bullets. Double check any barrel for sure, a tight barrel to bullet fit could make a dangerous condition. Good Luck

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Didn't see any bullets on the site to reload but at the gunshows I go to people buy reloading brass so could I see this to them for reloading any other round but 7.62x54r

EDIT: FOUND THE BULLETS

Last edited:

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    As stated before the British .303 and the 7.62x54r use the same bullet. Not everyone carries them. And you'll never find them listed under the Russian designation, check cheaper than dirt, and Natchez just got both their flyer's and I know they were listed on one of them. The .308 bullets won't work. Saw many posts on Mosin websites telling you not to do this, the accuacy really sucks cause the fit is to loose! Don't think it will do any dammage just wont be very accurate.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    There are very few cases that can be used for a round other than the one they were designed for, since I think that is what you are asking. 7.62x54r falls within that category.

Top Bottom