• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Just going full Lazarus with this old thread, but I have the ProChrono Digital, and it's excellent, quite an improvement over the ancient (circa 1988) Shooting Chrony F-1 that I replaced it with.
    Once it's set up properly with the diffusers (bright light) or without (overcast), it reads velocities accurately and reads them every time.
    It allows multiple shot strings (want to shoot a different load? press the button and you get a new string), has a big and clear display, has a spare battery compartment (a small extra that prevents having to stop taking measurements just because the battery ran down), allows you to hook up accessories (Bluetooth to smartphone, wired control, or wired PC link), allows you to turn it off after a shooting session to take home and turn back on to review the numbers, and (this matters to me at least) it's actually made in USA.
    The Magnetospeed may be less sensitive to environmental variables and slightly more accurate, but the ProChrono Digital is far more flexible and gives accurate (+/-1%) numbers, and it's cheaper.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    These have been more consistent in my experience. All of them are pretty much worthless when your new friend puts an arrow or a bullet through them.

Tell me about it.
    :(
    I did it just last week.
    Competition Electronics says they'll repair or replace it for no more than half current retail price, so I'll have to pony up the $50-$60 for that now.

Top Bottom