• What color is your collar?

• Total voters

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    "White", though our office is entirely too casual for an actual white collar. I currently do project management and training for a software company. Actually had a real white collar (and a tie) at my last employer (IT Director).

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Taught auto-tech for almost 7yrs, got laid off, now going back to school to work in a hospital lab. I have no idea what color it is now,lol

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I sit on my ass all day in front of a computer generating paper work justifying quality escapes so that we can stay in business.

I ****ing hate my job.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Does that mean what it sounds like it means? Making excuses for screw ups?
    Yep. Or just flat out incompetency.

Some of it is actually design or material related though.

They make the excuses. I come up with a valid reason as to why we might still be able to use the part.

Things like "machined two holes instead of one"

The second hole really doesn't hurt the part (if it's in an acceptable place) but it sure as hell isn't desirable.

We do lots of repair work too for things machined off location or oversized, or if someone drops a part and it needs to be welded.

It's good times.

Tester

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Service oriented here. Retail to be exact.
    What will this poll reveal in the end? Gun owners are more part of one working culture than the others? Or just Hoosiers?

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    ABF_Truck1.jpg

Blue, I work on the dock.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Lets say light blue now. Spent 7 of the last 10 years in industrial maint, the last 3 have been working in the same department but duties have changed from turning wrenches and welding to plant automation software tech. I still get pulled out of my current responsibilities when our maint guys are spread too thin or we've got a big project. I also split time working with our electricians and pulling/installing industrial wiring.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I had to put "other" since I'm unemployed right now. But for the for the most part when I'm working I take things apart and put them back together so they work better than the factory intended. Because most of the time I have leftover screws, nuts, and bolts the some Engineer thought was nessary to make the thing run! :laugh:

DialTone301

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    East Central IL
    White I guess....Director of Networking and Telecommunications at a college. Like to think of myself as more Blue since I still enjoy pulling cable and other tasks when I can.

csmith

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Clinton county
    I guess my collar is has blue and white stripes. I spend a lot of time in my office but don't have a problem going out and getting disgustingly dirty when something needs done.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Educated as a blue collar with a degree in Landscape Horticulture and Design.

However, working as a (let's say) off white collar. I'm a sales rep in the wine and spirit industry. I'm usually just pitching product and taking orders, but I've been known to throw around a few cases.

Top Bottom