What did you bring home from Knob Creek?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patternpimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Columbus, IN
    I picked up Ammo and I was elated at the price. 500 wolf for $160. Aimsurplus sold it 2 weeks ago for $150. 200 milsurp 30.06 for $125. CMP sells it for $100. You folks must want your ammo given to you and carried to your car.

ClydeB

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Southern Hoosier
    I meant to get there 1st AM on Friday. But didn't actually go until lunch on Saturday. (life happens sometimes)

I didn't buy any weapons this time. There was definitely lots of .223 for sale. But the only ammo I bought was a 100 rounds of 22lr from the Knob Creek folks. One guy was selling a homemade firesteel / magnesium rod combo that I thought was nicely done. Got a couple of them. And a swinging metal target about 2 inches thick that may hold up to some .223 shooting. Will see.

As an aside. There was a guy there selling some books called "God, Guns, and Guts". Happened to have already mail ordered that book and was talking to the man behind the counter. Didnt recognize him as the author. He shaved off his beard and moustache. While talking, I mentioned that I already had the book, was from the local area, and that my first name was Clyde. The man suprised me by rattling off my last name. Guess there are not too many Clyde's in the area that are fans of his book.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    Well, I was able to purchase 20K primers for 28/K which wasnt too bad of a price. I purchased 3K .22lr for 90/k which SUCKED but that is the cheapest I could find. That was really all, I really wanted a dmilled parts kit FA mac9 that would have been super easy to repair but I didnt want to become a felon and have a illegal machine gun... I did find that to purchase a post-dealer sample was 1600 bucks and a pre-dealer sample was 26000... that really pissed me off...

Gunner

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I canceled last year and then again last minute this year. I had a hunch it was going to suck. Prices are crazy and yes the dealers are rude as all hell. I didnt come home with much the last few years. Just a couple pairs of camo pants and a gortex field jacket that I love. I could have gotten everything locally so it was nothing special. If you are into guns you have to go at least once just to check it out. Dont leave the house expecting any deals or anything you cant get any where else and you wont be disapointed.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Really it is worth going to.At least once.If you reload you definitely should go.

If certain religions can have their pilgrimages, we gunowners must have Knob Creek.
    For me, at least, it truly is a borderline spiritual sojourn.

Even when I've driven seven hours one-way, gotten stuck in the mud for half-an-hour, over-paid on ammo, bumped and crowded when walking along the booths, taken unawares when the range when hot without earplugs in, rained on, having to trudge to and from lunch in the lower field about a mile away - when I hear the roar and pulse of the firing line, and feel those concussive thumps in my chest, and see the flash of the tracers hitting and flares sailing, all of the little things I loathe about Knob Creek fade to black, and for those fifteen minutes, I am the happiest, most content person on Earth. It's a beautiful, wonderful - and for me - spiritual event. It truly is my pilgrimage.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    The guys I go with bought a bunch of projectiles..(9mm) for $65/1100. We are always there at opening on Friday. Some vendors are sold out of the cheap stuff by Friday afternoon.

cjfarmer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2011
    Princeton, Indiana
    The dealers were starting to haggle later on saturday. I bought a complete upper with bcg and charging handle from JSE for $400 plus a t-shirt and a box of 50 aguila .223, which i thought was decent. CMMG offered me a .22 upper at a price i almost couldn't resist. But i decided i shouldn't spend any more money. The DoubleStar guy gave me some stickers for free, but I kinda knew him(shot with him in 3gun match). I believe he is the VP. It seemed like the actual companies were willing to haggle more like Doublestar, CMMG, JSE, etc. rather than other vendors.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    IMG_248136397650288_zps5fd69079.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Saw this while I was there.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Saw her walking the vendors with what I assumed to be husband. She was hauling the M249 while he was shopping for ammo. Probably singing, "Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition".

Top Bottom