What did you buy to prepare for the pandemic?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Had a frozen pipe burst last week which necessitated shutting the pump off for a few days. (I live alone, except for the pack, and I despise being in an unnecessary hurry.). I've got a pool and a river out the back door, but found nothing beats a 3 dollar case of bottled water for pure convenience.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Hand sanitizer won't do anything for this case. It is antibacterial and coronavirus is a virus.

Hand sanitizer shown less effective than hand washing against flu

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_sanitizer

Alcohol-based hand sanitizer is indeed effective against viruses. The higher the alcohol content, the more effective. 90% alcohol rubs are quite effective.

That article even mentions WHY influenza is different. Other virus do not have the same "protection".

And yes, proper hand washing is always better.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Well, he already has rice in his preps and you have to figure he has plenty of duck sauce.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    Marion
    Bought more ammo, more Purell, dug out my M17 masks & sealed filters (because the reports I've seen indicate that this virus is not only airborne, but can infect you through your EYEBALLS... N95 masks won't do cr@p), also stocked up on freeze-dried food, and collodial silver. Everything else I need I already have... Except toilet paper. You can never have too much toilet paper.

Top Bottom