• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    What did you get for Christmas that you didn't want, don't have a need for, or just wonder what they were thinking?

Me:

A bottle of Roberto Cavalli cologne. (They also got one for ladies for my girlfriend) Smells like 1996.

A Plantronics bluetooth headset. Don't like them, never will. Returning it to Best Buy tomorrow.

A hoodie jacket that is waaaayyy to big from Bass Pro Shop. And it's a size small. Returning that tomorrow as well for store credit.

Two of those keychain car rescue tools. Maybe useful, but I have a Spyderco Assist and why is that a present?

Sounds bad maybe, but nothing my style or that I truly wanted, not that I am into buying presents. Personally, I think Christmas should be celebrated for the birth of Christ, since that's what it's about, and about being together with family and friends, and eating, and drinking, and football.

Anyways, let's see yours.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    A ratchet set; around 75 pieces or so, made by Stanley. Opened it and my cousin said "I bet you have all that stuff already, huh?" I said, "Yea pretty much." He said "I figured."

Can't figure out why he gave it to me. No receipt either. And it's not even in a compact case that's convenient to put in the car. I like that people still buy me stuff, and I feel guilty not wanting the stuff I get, but....

Last edited:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    What Did I get that I didn't want. Well, I'm going to get the bill for all the stuff my wife bought the kids, that's what I don't want.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I never want anything that anyone could possibly get right. Fortunately, there aren't many people that have to worry about that. I just get some "one size fits all" (cash) and that's fine with me. My gift to them is to remove the uncertainty. It works both ways :)

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Personally speaking, as well as celebrating the birth of Christ, we had a great Christmas!

Our daughter got.....BLING!!!

I got........BLING!!

BoR got a years membership to Applied Ballistics...to keep him busy in his off time, and improve his accuracy and mood! :):

Worked all around. Santa was right on target this year! We didn't get a single thing that we didn't want or need!

7th Stepper

Last edited:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Cash, cha ching
    Gift cards to Texas Roadhouse and Famous Dave's
    Great IU shirt that's way to comfortable and now is my comfy around the house lounging shirt.

Time with my family and adopted family all while celebrating the reason for the season!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    The only thing i got today that SUCKED was my Breeding pair of Angel fish died plus everything else in the tank after we put more water in. I've had them 2 years and was just getting ready to re-do their tank for cute little babies again. I just cleaned the tub so the only thing i can think of is some residue got into the water when we re-filled it. But it was sad and it ruined my day (life). I think i was more upset then my 10 year old.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    I didn't ask for much, so I'm not upset by anything. They only thing I received this year that I'm not really feeling, is a set of crystal cut rocks glasses. They're beautiful, but not my style, and we have more glasses then we know what to do with. BUT! It's the thought that counts, as we see this woman once a year and it's incredibly sweet of her to get me anything (and has been ever since the beginning.)

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    A very nasty head cold; had to drive to several drugstores to find a pharmacy that was open, so I could get cold medicine (what use to be over the counter).

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Cash, cha ching
    Gift cards to Texas Roadhouse and Famous Dave's
    Great IU shirt that's way to comfortable and now is my comfy around the house lounging shirt.

Time with my family and adopted family all while celebrating the reason for the season!

Well if you don't want that stuff, I guess I'll take it off your hands...:D

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Personally speaking, as well as celebrating the birth of Christ, we had a great Christmas!

Our daughter got.....BLING!!!

I got........BLING!!

BoR got a years membership to Applied Ballistics...to keep him busy in his off time, and improve his accuracy and mood! :):

Worked all around. Santa was right on target this year! We didn't get a single thing that we didn't want or need!

7th Stepper

I got " Bling" too! Bling is good! Both my boys are great gift buyers!

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    A Ruger 22/45 TB, anybody want it. . ? A comfy lounger. . . Cash, ammo, COD Black Ops, jerky, etc. More crap than I know what to do with, really. All yours if you can provide me with another day with Family.

Seriously, I did get a pair of really nice Merino socks that are a wee bit small. . . If someone would be so kind as to wear them for a day to stretch them for me my Christmas would be complete.:rockwoot:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I got " Bling" too! Bling is good! Both my boys are great gift buyers!

Bling in the INGO world???

07030760.zoom.a.jpg
    images

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The opportunity to let someone know they are out of a job. Waited until today to do it. Worse Christmas I have ever had except during the times I was with the family and could forget about what has to be done today.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I got tickets to a theater show my wife wanted to go to, I am sure I'll see the bill on the credit card, so I get double surprises. At this point in life, there are just some things that have gotten, shall we say, uneventfull?

Top Bottom