• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Loaded up some nice little .45 acp SWC this morning. Going to empty them out tonight :)

gun_nut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Haubstadt. IN
    Been loading 55 gr. V-Max for my .223 (getting ready for some coyote action.
    This last weekend I went through a box of 45 acp (230 gr. XTP) that I had loaded.

GN

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Zeroed my new upper this afternoon

Sighted in my new built-from-other-people's-spare-parts (BFOPSP) Carbine using this cool M16/AR15 A2 25m zero target at 27yds found here:
    Print your own targets

Cerro Upper, Armalite BCG, old Bushy fluted 16" B MP 5.56 NATO 1/9 H BAR with just "a few" rounds through it, PSA FSB, Brass Aluminum Forging Enterprises carry handle, Aramlite factory lower (for now. Looking to build a lower from parts next). I have less than half the $$ into it than a new comparable upper is going for, thanks to GOOD FRIENDS..

CarbineUpper.jpg

Put a variety of ammo through it today - FC GMM223, FC XM193F, BHA 223 Match, Unknown 55gr FMJ. No failures at all. Best group was the Black Hills with 1.5" @ 50 yds. (Meh? Really? Iron sights & an old man's eyes? I thought it was outstanding! 4 shots in a 1" group with the 5th shot a half inch flier-my fault, not the gun's).

Anyway, I couldn't have picked a better way to spend a half day off work...

7.62asprin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    Shot about 200rds of Federal out of my HP clone. Shot a box of Winchester and 3 boxes of this one that had a US flag all over it out of my 1911. It had unjacked bullets. It was very dirty and smoked quite a bit; but it was cheap and I don't mind a longer cleaning session.

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    Time to revive this thread, surely someone is loading or shooting. I just finished a casting session emptying a 20 pound pot of lead alloy into a 200gr .452 mold. It made for a nice pile of bullets.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    No loading, per se, but I have completed the case prep on ~350 pieces of 44/40 brass I bought from a buddy at work. It was in various stages of the process and I'm not actually done with it...waiting on a Lee case length gauge/pin to trim about 80 of them down to a more uniform length. I've got 200gr FTX bullets waiting for a home. :)

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    I loaded 600 40s 180 gr lead on my awsome Dillon 650 lastnight.:D And case guaged every one. Only had 3 to push through the bulge buster.. Hoping to get another 1000 this weekend.:dunno: Sometimes ya gotta make the better half happy.. Just saying.

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    No loading, per se, but I have completed the case prep on ~350 pieces of 44/40 brass I bought from a buddy at work. It was in various stages of the process and I'm not actually done with it...waiting on a Lee case length gauge/pin to trim about 80 of them down to a more uniform length. I've got 200gr FTX bullets waiting for a home. :)

Trivia; Chuck Conners "The Rifleman" carried a 44/40, great caliber.

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    I recently prepped a couple hundred .308 cases and yesterday I precision loaded a tray of 50 .223 55g V-Max rounds with various amounts of CFE223 powder for some load testing in a Remington 700.

I'll shoot them when the ground is either frozen or a bit less soggy!

Reloaders don't have to stop having fun in the winter. :)

Krainw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    I was happy to shoot some of Jrainw's 9mms today! I brought him back the brass for a refill! ;)

gerd11311

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Shot a Glock 9mm, my AR, and 45LC and a couple .410 in my derringer- been a successful day! (45LC kicks like crazy in a derringer!)

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    I was out yesterday to check the 200 yard zero of three rifles. I've developed some custom loads for each one.

Thought I'd share the view over one of them! This is a Savage 110 in .308 with a Vortex Viper scope.

Here is the set-up. I'm shooting off a bench toward some paper and steel targets.

b4awet.jpg

A view over the top of the Vortex scope:

15z62h0.jpg

A shooter's eye view of the downrange targets.

4smlwi.jpg

The steel targets. The one on the right got flipped with the first hit of .308 ammunition. (Steel from Bobcat Steel)

2cpsxf6.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this mini-range visit. :ingo:

coyotehunter4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    WEST CENTRAL IND.
    I was out yesterday to check the 200 yard zero of three rifles. I've developed some custom loads for each one.

Thought I'd share the view over one of them! This is a Savage 110 in .308 with a Vortex Viper scope.

Here is the set-up. I'm shooting off a bench toward some paper and steel targets.

b4awet.jpg

A view over the top of the Vortex scope:

15z62h0.jpg

A shooter's eye view of the downrange targets.

4smlwi.jpg

The steel targets. The one on the right got flipped with the first hit of .308 ammunition. (Steel from Bobcat Steel)

2cpsxf6.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this mini-range visit. :ingo:

Just a quick question. What type steel are you using for your targets and how is it holding up. I used 1/2" mild steel on my first ones but they are not holding up to well. Thinking of trying some AR 400 for my next go around. Really nice targets.:rockwoot:

Top Bottom