What do foreigners think of our gun laws?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IUprof

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Fort Worth
    Wow! Seemed like the OP was asking an honest question and got a bunch of snarky responses. Saying you don't give a f*** doesn't exactly add a lot to the conversation.

It's worth recognizing that most outside the US "do not get it" either because of their country's history and/or they have been disarmed (UK and Australia recently). Heck even the Japanese emperor disarmed the Samurai! I've traveled to a lot of countries and simply explain that our right is enshrined in our country's Constitution and we are proud of it.

As others have written we need to be vigilant that this right not be infringed as it has been almost everywhere else in the world.

Scratcher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    In a house
    I'm from the UK but I'm a permanent resident here now. (Seeking citizenship when I become eligible) I have an AR, a Remy 870, A 91/30, a couple of 22lr's, a Sig 226, a Ruger LC9 and a Colt 32 auto. Nuff said? I think you know where I stand on the issue!

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Plenty of people coming in who have their own views on guns. They usually vote for gun control too, so it is rather unnerving. But there also seems to be many who enjoy our rights too so maybe I shouldn't be worried. My spainish teacher from Spain told us he thinks our gun laws are too lax and I told him I have a ltch. He just looked at me because I was one of his top students and he was sure I'd agree with him. My next spainish teacher was from Mexico and we discussed gun control as well. He seemed more open to our laws.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The two people I'm most familiar with from the range hail from China. They also have a lot of guns and shoot on a weekly basis. I can take an educated guess on where they stand on the issue.

Top Bottom