• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Hey, guys!

As most of you already know, our inventory of semi-automatic military-style rifles and their associated magazines and ammunition has been totally depleted by the massive surge in demand following the recent CT school shooting and President Obama's subsequent push for increased gun control. Additionally, many of our regularly stocked long guns and handguns have sold out and are proving very difficult to find at the wholesale level. When new stock can be found, it is slow to arrive as most distributors are several days behind on shipping. We will gradually be getting product back in-stock, but resupply will be slow and inconsistent for the foreseeable future. All incoming firearms will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis, and we will not be taking any deposits or special orders for items that are not currently in-stock with our distributors.

We appreciate your patience and understanding; we will continue to do our best to serve our customers in this uncertain and volatile market.

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Any idea of what kind of ammo you DO have left?

More specifically; 5.45, 5.56, 7.62x39

NO .223 or 5.56. As of today, B1 had a few 100rd packs of 7.62x39 left at $34.95, and I think B2 had a couple tins of mil-surp 5.45x39. You'll want to call to verify stock status before you come out, though. Handgun calibers and most other rifle calibers are still holding steady, and we also have some 12ga buck and slugs.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    NO .223 or 5.56. As of today, B1 had a few 100rd packs of 7.62x39 left at $34.95, and I think B2 had a couple tins of mil-surp 5.45x39. You'll want to call to verify stock status before you come out, though. Handgun calibers and most other rifle calibers are still holding steady, and we also have some 12ga buck and slugs.
    :yesway:

Thank you.

LP1

Master
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Today, the side room where the shotguns and bolt action rifles are displayed looked like a Christmas tree lot on Christmas Eve.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Yeah, inventory is way, WAY down. Now the handguns are starting to get thin... still have some 1911s, Glocks, S&W M&Ps, SIGs, Springfield XDMs, .22 pistols and .38 revolvers left; out of Ruger SR and P-series pistols.

A reminder, we are open Noon-5p tomorrow (Sunday) and 10a-2p Christmas Eve, then closed until 1/2/13.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I was there earlier today.

It was a SAD sight to see all the empty spots.

I was hoping to see more of a selection of 1911's :(

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Yeah, inventory is way, WAY down. Now the handguns are starting to get thin... still have some 1911s, Glocks, S&W M&Ps, SIGs, Springfield XDMs, .22 pistols and .38 revolvers left; out of Ruger SR and P-series pistols.

A reminder, we are open Noon-5p tomorrow (Sunday) and 10a-2p Christmas Eve, then closed until 1/2/13.

That's the problem with running a low volume shop I guess, you got caught with your proverbial pants down. The strategy of sell one buy another to replace works well for keeping overhead low but in this instance backfired but nobody could have forseen one friday morning turning the gun industry on its head.

Simon6101

Master
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Way off

That's the problem with running a low volume shop I guess, you got caught with your proverbial pants down. The strategy of sell one buy another to replace works well for keeping overhead low but in this instance backfired but nobody could have forseen one friday morning turning the gun industry on its head.

Bradis is by far not a low volume shop. We usually keep a fairly substantial inventory but between things becoming harder to get before the shooting and then after the shooting, yes we are very low now on Inventory.

The panic buying and the Prez has been great for the cash flow but the stock isn't as easy to replace as in the past.

Jgmp123

Plinker
    Jul 21, 2012
    Any chance at all that you will be getting any AR Lower Receivers in stock and i could be put on a waiting list???

Thanks,

James

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Bradis is by far not a low volume shop. We usually keep a fairly substantial inventory but between things becoming harder to get before the shooting and then after the shooting, yes we are very low now on Inventory.

The panic buying and the Prez has been great for the cash flow but the stock isn't as easy to replace as in the past.

Don't get bent out of shape, Bradis is a nice store but compared to where I used to work and the stores i'm used to up in MI you are low volume, in context probably a bigger store for around Indy though. If the bulk of your inventory is in the display cabinets or on the wall you're low volume. If you have 3-4x what's in the racks in the back rooms then your are not. It's not a knock against Bradis i've bought a ton there but you're not that big of a gun store really. I know a lot of it depends on what kind of terms you have with your distributors, how big of a customer you are to get allocated items, and how many gun manufacturers you are factory direct with etc. etc.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Don't get bent out of shape, Bradis is a nice store but compared to where I used to work and the stores i'm used to up in MI you are low volume, in context probably a bigger store for around Indy though. If the bulk of your inventory is in the display cabinets or on the wall you're low volume. If you have 3-4x what's in the racks in the back rooms then your are not. It's not a knock against Bradis i've bought a ton there but you're not that big of a gun store really. I know a lot of it depends on what kind of terms you have with your distributors, how big of a customer you are to get allocated items, and how many gun manufacturers you are factory direct with etc. etc.

Being from Michigan originally myself, and a former employee at Bradis I do see what you mean.

But more to the point is its location, Indy.... hunting/ shooting sports is not as big here as in MI, (proof is in the lack of ranges, gun clubs etc...) population is smaller and relatively so is the average income..... I belonged to a gun club in MI that had 3000+ members, youth shooting programs, skeet & trap shooting teams etc....

So I would say that Bradis is a higher volume shop in their market, both by sales and by stock or volume.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom