What do you carry and how do you conceal it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    I'm also a lefty. My carry gun is usually a 1911 commander size, though I also occasionally carry an xds in .45... and I have a variety of different holsters that I use, depending on what I'm wearing, where I'm going.
    I've struggled with what holster works best and I agree, it's not a simple thing to figure out, particularly when it's online and you can't touch or try it. and yes, 88GT is right, curves and flat guns don't always fit seamlessly for conceal.

I don't know if you've seen the post about the women's event at Riley, but one of the items on the schedule is a discussion about carrying. I'm asking all of the participants to bring whatever holsters/carry methods they might own. This will give us all an opportunity to see different options, touch, maybe even try them, to see what might work.

Here's the link to that post. The more, the merrier.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...s/286813-womens_shooting_event_june_23rd.html

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    My wife loves shooting a 1911 and is very comfortable with it. However she is small and it is way too large for her to carry. Any other suggestions?

If she likes it and is comfortable with it, how is it too large for her to carry? Do you mean too large to carry concealed? That's easy. Have her OC. :D

They make small 1911s, but I know they don't shoot like goverment models. Particularly if you don't get a steel model.

Hanu

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    I carry a S & W .38 airweight (642) with +P's. I have no problem concealing it with a Sticky pocket holster. I can tuck in my waist band and it stays secure.

I agree with the others who said it boils down to what you are comfortable with (not your husband).

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    If she likes it and is comfortable with it, how is it too large for her to carry? Do you mean too large to carry concealed? That's easy. Have her OC. :D

They make small 1911s, but I know they don't shoot like goverment models. Particularly if you don't get a steel model.

My wife loves shooting a 1911 and is very comfortable with it. However she is small and it is way too large for her to carry. Any other suggestions?
    If the gun is too big for her hand, buy her a colt pocket lite in .380 as a special present. If she wants a .45, get a small compact para warthog.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I tend to carry Openly however when I do carry concealed I use a SmartCarry holster worn behind the Bib of my Bib overalls. I wear this higher than it shows on their site. I wear it just out of sight, below the place wear the Bib meets the pants and this allows me to carry nearly any handgun without any sort o bulge showing. Even my Ruger Alaskan .44 Mag can be easily concealed this way. I find it also make drawing from a seated position as easy as a standing position which makes it optimal for days driving and shopping etc. When it is cool enough for a jacket I use a Galco Miami II holster since it has wider shoulder straps and I tend to carry a heavier pistol like a SigSauer P226. Both methods are extremely comfortable. When OCing I tend to stick with FOBUS holsters.

Top Bottom