What do you carry? (What would you like to carry)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Stainless FNP9
    Blade Tech paddle holster
    3 O'clock

The only other gun that I would want to carry, if I could afford it, would be a Sig 229 E2.

I like my guns simple, nothing fancy or flashy.

Last edited:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    For now it's a Glock.

Not saying money is no object,it always is, however in this case it does not apply to what I choose to carry every day. I pocket carry a G27.the best combination of reliability,caliber and comfort for me at any price. I had set aside approximately $3500.00 to spend at the time I bought the Glock. After much research, hands on trials, and talking to those whose expertise and judgment I trust I chose the G27. It has been flawless so far with 2475 practice rounds fired including 120 rounds of the Gold Dot 180gr JHP that I carry in it. I spent the rest on a Gen.4 G22 for HD a G26 for my wife and several thousand rounds of ammo for practice. Having said all that, I am not however a Glockophile. If I ever find a better weapon to fit the bill the Glocks will be gone. :)

bambek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Henry Co.
    Most days my EDC is a Taurus 709 in a custom made kydex holster. Sometimes I'll switch to my Taurus 905 or 850 revolver. Probably have a PT22 in my front pocket too.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    I normally carry a Colt Defender in a Milt Sparks Watch Six iwb holster. Back up gun is normally a Kel Tec p3at.
    Sometimes I carry a 70's Colt Light weight Commander and a Taurus m85 in 38special on my ankle.
    If muney were no option I would probably carry a Colt Night Defender Talo edition as primary and my current Defender as a bug

JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    My EDC is a Sig P238 carried IWB but I sometimes carry a P250 compact. I'm interested in the new P290, but I'd love to have the Kimber Pro Carry.

SgtBaker_21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Westside Indy
    XD40 in a Tagua belt holster @ 4:00. Sometimes I use a Blackhawk IWB for total concealment until I find a holster I really want. Currently looking to pick up a KelTec P32 or P3AT for pocket carry. Although, the PF9 is looking more & more enticing.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Summer/winter: Taurus 709 slim on my ankle in an uncle mikes, or in a Galco Summer Comfort holster made for the Glock 26/27 somewhere around 4-4:30 under my Joe Rocket mesh jacket, if I'm on my bike.

Winter (one of the only reasons I like winter :D): Glock 30sf in either a crossbreed supertuck or a blackhawlk serpa; again, somewhere around 4-4:30, under a winter coat.

My ultimate carry if money was no issue??? (remember, money's not an issue :D) ....one of each, of course!

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    I carry a Glock 17 in a Don Hume IWB at 3 oclock. It's a great weapon for me and feels really comfortable. I've never had a single malfunction from it.

I've had my eye on a Sig P229 chambered in .357sig. Haven't been able to find one locally and that's probably why I haven't purchased it yet.

But I guess if money was no option, I'd prob carry the BFG 9000....

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    I've had my eye on a Sig P229 chambered in .357sig. Haven't been able to find one locally and that's probably why I haven't purchased it yet.

If you hav'nt already, try to do shooting with the 357 sig before spending the money on it. It has the wow factor at first, but I wasn't really impressed over all. They're expensive to shoot, EXTREMELY LOUD like a 357 and I couldnt hit with it (glock)

Top Bottom