• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Buy a good one and one gun is all you need. If I thought I needed to carry two guns for personel protection I'd KNOW I had at least one I needed to get rid of.

S&W 3913 9MM

aSW9mm39.jpg

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    It is not my standard practice to carry more than one gun. I have on occasion has my LCP in a jacket pocket while carrying my XD45C.

If you carry more than one gun you need to shoot them both regularly. I would think that it would be easier to carry extra mags than it would be to carry two guns.

bartonmd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Mooresville/Camby
    XD45C, 4" in a Comp-Tac Minitor M-Tac IWB holster, plus a Comp-Tac single magazine + single Surefire holster.

The weapon doesn't print when wearing a T-shirt (as long as it's appropriately sized), and the mag+flashlight holster isn't bad, but it's definately more visible than the weapon...

For reference, I'm 6' tall, 190#

Mike

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Depends on the day and what I am wearing.

Most of the time (esp in this cold) I have my full size colt 1911 in an IWB in the 3:30 or 5:30 position (depending on holster) One mag is always in my weakside back pocket and sometimes I put an additional in a single mag paddle holster.

In hot weather I will carry my S&W 642 .38 spl in an IWB at the 3:30 position or in an ankle rig. Always carry at least one reload.

I have on occasion carried both. For instance my brothers car broke down in a bad part of 10th st and I went to help out. Colt on the hip with three spare mags, S&W in and ankle rig with one reload.

never do know about 10th St :ar15:

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Being old school I've always figured if you were only carrying 1 you were only half dressed. 45 for a ready gun with extra mags and a 5 shot 38 revolver tucked away. And yes they both stay well limbered up. usually more than once a week.

tjeads

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    always two

I always carry two. Guns are mechanical pieces and can always fail. No gun is 100% foolproof. Plus, you just may lose your primary gun, no matter how good you are at weapons retention.
    I carry a Para double stack .45 with extra mags and my BUG [back up gun] is either keltec .380 or a North American Arms 5 shot .22 magnum revolver.
    I like to have at least 35 rounds on me at all times. Call me crazy, but what would I do if 5 thugs came at me? Yeah Yeah I know how one shot and they'll all run....yeah right. I'm not countin on that. It could take 15 or so rounds. So I like double that number, just in case!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Redundancy is a good thing sometimes. I have switched from my 1911's and 442 to my G19 and G26 with a spare 19 mag(or two). While I don't figure to need both, having both is better than not. One of the catch phrases used today is, "one is none, two is one". In worst case scenarios, I may be able to arm another, and my spare ammo is interchangeable.:twocents:

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I never carry two guns. Right now I'm pretty much carrying my LCP exclusively because I'm waiting on my new gun belt from Rafter S Gunleather so I can comfortably carry my G19. I think one gun and a spare mag should be sufficient.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    When I first got my permit, I was carrying both the g17 and the colt 1903/8, now that I have the 33, I always carry it with both 9rd mags, and 1 11rd mag. and 2 spare 17rd mags for the g17. the 17 usually stays in the car with hydrashocks and magtechs......gold dots or TAP in the 357. :)

so, I carry 30rds of 357sig, and 52rds of 9mm......lol

bradp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Jamestown, IN
    When I first got my permit, I was carrying both the g17 and the colt 1903/8, now that I have the 33, I always carry it with both 9rd mags, and 1 11rd mag. and 2 spare 17rd mags for the g17. the 17 usually stays in the car with hydrashocks and magtechs......gold dots or TAP in the 357. :)

so, I carry 30rds of 357sig, and 52rds of 9mm......lol

Wow, someone else that carries a G33...finally:D

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    [QUOTEI'm waiting on my new gun belt from Rafter S Gunleather so I can comfortably carry my G19.[/QUOTE]

I carry my G19 in a Bladetech UCH, using the thickest Dickie belt I can buy at walmart. It works fine for my fyi.

Top Bottom