• 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    :popcorn:
    Why would you change your carry gun because it's cold outside?
    A lot of stuff changes between summer and winter. In the summer, clothing is light and gloves are rare. During the winter, there's a lot more clothing involved and having a trigger guard that's big enough to allow gloved shooting can be helpful. During the summer, an IWB carried gun is often just covered by an untucked shirt. During the winter, that same IWB gun can take some serious time to get to if it's under heavy jackets and layered clothing.

Maybe it's just me, but I also tend to prefer a heavier caliber during winter months. I'm comfortable with a 9mm in the summer but during winter months would rather have something at least as strong as a .40 due to the extra layers of clothing that might play a role.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2014
    Ft Wayne
    Do you guys have any preference with iwb vs owb due to the size of your pistol. I know alot of people carry iwb to be as convert as posible but bigger guns are less confortable in iwb.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    M&P or Glock full size (sometimes even a G-34) but recently a RI 22TCM single stack commander is in the rotation. If for some reason I need something smallish I go with a 9MM Shield.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2014
    Ft Wayne
    I carry both of my double stacks. I carry my fnp9 owb and if i want to carry iwb i have a cheap holster that fits my 229 better for that purpose. That said its really more about the day then the time of year.

Top Bottom