• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Okay. So you are a concealed carrier and you'll never carry "open" because you're: 1) Not an open carrier "exhibitionist;" 2) Know that OCers get shot first in public places; 3) Your wife doesn't approve; 4) etc, etc, etc ad nausium. So what do you do in the Winter when you go into a restaurant or other public place where it's just too warm to keep your jacket on? Do you wear IWB, have a sweat shirt or sweater under your coat that hides your piece? Leave it in the car? Give it to your wife to put in her purse? What do you do?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Well, I don't define myself as an OCer or CCer, but today I wore an IU sweatshirt.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I personal don't care. I just carry, sometimes that means its OC sometimes it's "discreet".

I'm guessing that any hard core cc would just do and wear what they always do and wear, just with a coat over it. If the coat comes off, then they're in their normal cc attire.

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    I poorly CC(at least til the IWB holster I ordered gets here)...OWB holster under an untucked shirt. So taking off my jacket/coat doesn't make a difference in how I "look"(ugly either way...)

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I carry my pocket gun in the winter and put it in my winter vest pocket. Depending on where I am and the weather I keep it on (rarely) or put it beside me or hang it on my chair. It's easy to get to in an emergency and no-one sees it.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    My outer layer of clothing is rarely ever tucked in...

And when I do wear clothes that involve tucking a shirt in, I throw the J-frame & holster in my pocket.

-J-

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I pocket carry. I wear cargo type pants in the winter, cargo shorts in the summer. I don't do anything different when I'm out and about than I do when I'm lounging around the house. And I can draw from a seated position.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I use a MTAC holster. It's an IWB. I always wear a thin light undershirt. Even in the summer. It's always tucked in. My outer shirts, t-shirts or sweatshirts, are never tucked in. So it just covers the holster and gun. Very comfortable, and still very easy accessible.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I CC. If whatever I am wearing as an outer layer is too cumbersome to easily access my normal carry piece, I keep a second in an outer coat pocket for easy access. When my coat comes off, it becomes the secondary, and I keep it close and under my control.

Top Bottom