What do you consider to be a greater threat to America? Terror, or Loss of Liberty?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What do you consider to be a greater threat to America?

• Total voters

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Bread and circuses! The terrorists are the distraction the government is using to keep our eyes off of the real threats to America, the bankers and the Fed. Do a little digging on the obligations these people have subjected America to with debt accumulation, inflation, and wealth distribution. Trillions and trillions of dollars created, printed and pledged, guess who gets stuck with the tab?

“If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.” -
    Thomas Jefferson

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Okay! Part 2 of this question. If >90% of you think losing your liberty is the greater threat, why do 50% of us always argue for more restrictions on our liberty, in order to "protect" our safety??

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Okay! Part 2 of this question. If >90% of you think losing your liberty is the greater threat, why do 50% of us always argue for more restrictions on our liberty, in order to "protect" our safety??

Where did you get the 50% number from, or are you picking numbers out of the air again?

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    uncomfortable question -- i know -- but if all the action was happening in NYC and DC -- and nobody knew how or why or what was going on --- how did the US media know to point cameras for reaction in other countries???

just because I cheer when Purdue loses doesnt mean I play for IU...

Last edited by a moderator:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    we have media representatives in every country and every major city in the world already. all they had to do was go outside and say "hey... what's going on?"

And I truly hope nobody means to imply that they cheer our loss that day.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    It's not an either/or question. Loss of liberty is certainly the more immediate and real threat, yet that doesn't mean we shouldn't fight attacks on our country.

Also, we may differ on what is anti-freedom and what isn't. To me, detaining enemy combatants in Gauntamo is not anti-freedom, yet many would say it is. So I see no compromise of freedom in the detention of enemy combatants without trial.

I also don't think it's anti-freedom if we subject non-citizens to invasive scrutiny when they travel into and within our country, or on our airliners.

I don't think it's anti-freedom when we have a list of terrorist cell phone numbers to monitor the traffic on those numbers, even when the call is connected to a U.S. citizen.

I mention these because these are some of the examples people use of giving up freedom for safety, and I don't think they apply.

That said, I think there are plenty of abuses of citizen freedom in the name of safety, and I oppose those, TSA searches being one of them.

Many of you like to bring up the founding fathers. Read about them. They suffered from many of these same dilemnas, and freedom suffered under some of the best of them. It's not an excuse, but if the vision of your world is a world that has never existed, you have to also question if it's a viable world, or if it just exists in your ideal vision.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    uncomfortable question -- i know -- but if all the action was happening in NYC and DC -- and nobody knew how or why or what was going on --- how did the US media know to point cameras for reaction in other countries???

just because I cheer when Purdue loses doesnt mean I play for IU...

But people need to die for expressing what we have as a protected right in the first amendment..
    I'd hate to think I should die for exercising a right...and wanting to kill someone for dancing. :noway: And I thought footloose was restrictive.;)

And tell me there were not any Americans dancing when they saw the bombs hit Iraq...

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'm terrorized at the loss of liberty. I cannot separate the two. Period.

i think youll find,,,that someone picked on them first,,,or the picking goes back between all of them--thousands of years...

anyway,,,their fight amongst themselves isnt any of our affair... let them sort it out...

Please, learn to use punctuation correctly. I rarely grouse about grammar rules on the internet, but this is just ridiculous. Of course, if you don't want to be seen as a pre-pubescent teenager, then disregard my plea. There is, however, little credibility to your content because your delivery is so whacked.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    It's not an either/or question. Loss of liberty is certainly the more immediate and real threat, yet that doesn't mean we shouldn't fight attacks on our country.

Also, we may differ on what is anti-freedom and what isn't. To me, detaining enemy combatants in Gauntamo is not anti-freedom, yet many would say it is. So I see no compromise of freedom in the detention of enemy combatants without trial.

I also don't think it's anti-freedom if we subject non-citizens to invasive scrutiny when they travel into and within our country, or on our airliners.

I don't think it's anti-freedom when we have a list of terrorist cell phone numbers to monitor the traffic on those numbers, even when the call is connected to a U.S. citizen.

I mention these because these are some of the examples people use of giving up freedom for safety, and I don't think they apply.

That said, I think there are plenty of abuses of citizen freedom in the name of safety, and I oppose those, TSA searches being one of them.

Many of you like to bring up the founding fathers. Read about them. They suffered from many of these same dilemnas, and freedom suffered under some of the best of them. It's not an excuse, but if the vision of your world is a world that has never existed, you have to also question if it's a viable world, or if it just exists in your ideal vision.

:+1: I often defend ridiculous stances on here, but usually it's more of me testing the waters, and seeing what other people see wrong with it so that I can get a better perspective on the issue. I have romanticized the Founding Fathers in the past, but I think that comes from too much Glenn Beck. :D lol

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Or more likely 2 or 3 of them fit that bill and the others are just being asshats to give those who take internet polls seriously something to whine about.

I honestly thought there would be more people voting for "terror." That's just based on the discussions I've had with people. Its just an opinion poll, no big deal.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Or more likely 2 or 3 of them fit that bill and the others are just being asshats to give those who take internet polls seriously something to whine about.
    This poll is totally serious. The outcome of this poll could very well have an impact on the next big decision big brother makes.

Top Bottom