• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    That being said I would like to know what do you hear the most when you OC.What is the best and worse encounter you had?

I guess you hear a lot of "Are you a police officer?", "Is this a gun?" and things like "Why do you feel the need to carry a gun?".

Usually what I hear is "here's my wallet/watch/wedding ring, take what you want. Please don't hurt me" :cool:

But seriously as has been stated nothing. 99.9% of the time there are no comments. And usually no looks that I can tell. And I can't really pick the best, and nothing really for the worst. The "worst" turned out to be pretty good. A cashier at at gas station after I was done paying, looked down and said pretty loudly "IS THAT A GUN IN YOUR POCKET!!" I told her yes it was a gun but it was in a holster not my pocket. Then went on to talk to her for about 10 minutes about carrying.

And my dad when i first bought my gun saying I didn't need a gun and if I did I was hanging out in the wrong places.
    I was like yea well i dont have a spaceship to goto mars. Bullets no fire in 0 gravity

There was a thread a little while back, where the general consensus was that firearms will most likely fire in space.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...scussion/118028-will_a_gun_fire_in_space.html

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    The only thing I've heard was "hey, you mind of I take a couple shots with that" and "can you clear it and show me how to break a Glock down" followed by "I really like that holster, seems pretty safe". The last two were from my uncle that I was showing some different carry options. He really liked the size of the Sistema 1927 but wanted something in a 9mm so we got him hooked up with a Beretta 92fs and we're trying to track down a deal on a Blackhawk Serpa. Everyone I know knows that I have guns and when I have one on it really doesn't seem out of place so there haven't been any strange comments.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Oh yeah, one time my nephew asked if I'd trade my Glock 27 for a little bag of candy and some toy he was showing me. He's 5. I'm guessing he'll have a pretty decent collection in time.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I just remembered another time...I was at YATS (cajun creole food) and the guys there are pretty easy going, and the counter dude is like "this dude carries a gun, get his order right" and from then on I was recognized and we always had fun conversation....he would even say hi when we met in the grocery. ;)

Fishe39392

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    the number one thing I hear: "is that a 9mm?"

one of my friends once while checking out my G23 reading the print on the slide: "40SW..so that's like a 9mm right?" Needlss to say he doesnt know very much about guns

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    the number one thing I hear: "is that a 9mm?"

one of my friends once while checking out my G23 reading the print on the slide: "40SW..so that's like a 9mm right?" Needlss to say he doesnt know very much about guns

40SW and 9mm are close enough to be called the same for non-gun people, they are both calibers types.

It's like "Glock? ... Its just like a Springfield XD but only different right?". :D

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    It's like "Glock? ... Its just like a Springfield XD but only different right?". :D

I've been asked if my XD was a Glock.

I pistol whipped him with mine

...then pulled his and did the same.

He now recognizes the subtle differences at a glance. :cool:

Silly cop. :laugh:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    "Civilian"---mostly good responses, with a few ignorant comments here and there.

Law Enforcement---50% good interactions, 50% were encounters that made me despair for the future if Law Enforcement.

All in all, it's been fine. Most people aren't retarded, and I'm thankful to be able to exercise my 2nd Amendment right.

Top Bottom