• ...and so much more!
  • tsbolton

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    DANVILLE
    Love them all

Like others have stated I find good and bad in all guns. Have a great love for 1911's the feel,the look,and history. Main thing shoot alot and often!

blackbird1988

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Richmond, KY
    I love my 1911...I carried a Glock 22 for 10 yrs ( in Florida) traded it on a S&W M&P 40 and now I also have a full size SR9....I usually carry either the 1911 or the SR9 ( in KY) and the M&P is in the nightstand. I like the way they all feel in my hand, better than my Glock did.

Last edited:

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I have two polymer guns (M&P .45, Kahr CW9) and I have 3 all steel guns (Phoenix Arms .22, Radom P64, and Ruger Blackhawk) I don't own a 1911 yet.

p025.jpg

dunningben

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Bremen, IN
    The tough question...

Damn, that's a hard one but my g19c sits on my hip daily other than my m9 at work, and my 1911 is in my backpack for that just in case situation... Just prefer the lighter of th two to keep my pants on... :)

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Plastic so far! I own two and have shot a few others. Never have I had the honor to shoot a 1911 yet! Guess I should borrow my Dads!

Then I might change my vote.

HD_darla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Oddly enough after reading some posts, I much prefer in every way "plastic guns". For some reason Glocks feel the best in my hands and I'm more accurate with a g27 over a couple Kimber's I've used.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Oddly enough after reading some posts, I much prefer in every way "plastic guns". For some reason Glocks feel the best in my hands and I'm more accurate with a g27 over a couple Kimber's I've used.

Wow! You are more accurate with a short sight radius, sub-compact handgun, than a 1911... That is odd.

HD_darla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Wow! You are more accurate with a short sight radius, sub-compact handgun, than a 1911... That is odd.

Yes but in all fairness the Kimber's I have used were all subcompacts as well. I think it had more to do with how they fit in my hand than anything.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County

It's not all that uncommon. I fit into the camp that can shoot a Glock 27 better than a bigger gun.

HaleysLodge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Lafayette
    Well I have to say I love them both, the 1911 broke new ground when it came out in the great war, and funny troops use to say that they would take a revolver over it, Then came the Glock light and durable so I think they are like boobies cant ever have to many :ar15:

paramed60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Oolitic, IN
    I love my 1911, trained with them in the 70's when uncle said hello and welcome along with my friends and neighbors. That said I carry both the Glock and 1911 depending on what I want at the time. .40 cal or .45 cal. I still like that familiar feel of the 1911 in my hand. Wish I had kept several of the 1911's I have bought and sold over the years.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Metal for me. The heavier the gun, the less the perceived recoil. When you like to shoot for prolonged range times, that's a plus after a couple boxes.
    Also...other than never finding a grip that feels better than slim grips on a 1911, I've never found a trigger I like better than that single action sweet break...

corriedewilde

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    My Colt 1911 was made in 1941. It was customized and did 60000 rounds. Great shooter. It received new springs more than half a dozen times. It never broke but worn out. The link and barrel bushing were replaced more than once and it needed complete rebuilding once(lock-up and slide grooves) It was refinished several times. The new pistols may be of better metal and the locking improved.

I did the same amount of rounds through a Beretta 92S bought in 1978. Replaced the springs once. It may not be as tight as a new one, but it is still a good shooter and stayed accurate. The design is far superior to the "parallel rule" lockup with much less wear. It was refinished several times.

I bought a Glock gen 2 new, the pistol didn't fit my hand well and I hate the trigger. It is still really new as nobody in the family really cared to shoot it much after the first time.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I love 1911s always have. Have owned one since I've been legal to buy my own handguns. They are the best 'fit' for my hands. That being said I don't shot them as well as I do my Glocks. The Glocks seem to have the best ergonomics for me for getting the sights lined up and rounds down range fastest. I am most accurate with my S&W M15.

Can you guess which type I would grab for fighting?

Top Bottom