• Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    M2A2,

I really enjoy my K31. I am looking forward to eventually getting a K11.

It is fun rifle to shoot and ammo is reasonably plentiful, for now. I would suggest thinking about stocking up on ammo unless you are a reloader.

They are known as one of the most accurate military surplus rifles out there. Unfortunately I am not the most accurate shooter.

The front sight adjuster can be quite expensive at around $75. I haven't acquired one yet so I have not shot all that much.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Doug

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Beautifully made, slick-working unique action design, capable of really fine accuracy, modest prices. What's not to like?

The surplus ammo supply is drying up and getting pricey, but commercial ammo is becoming easier to find and has the added benefit of being boxer primed. The cartidge is easy to reload and (aside from a supply of cases) requires only commonly available components to do so. Dies are available from several sources as is reloading data.

IMHO, it's nearly impossible to match, much less beat, the K31's for value received per dollar.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    i wish i had bought one when AIM had them for $199 a week or two ago.

I almost didn;t buy the second from AIM 5~ years ago. 1 for $89 or 2 for $79 each.

I'm glad I changed my mind.

The surplus K31's are more accurate than most $1,000+ bolt actions for sale today.

I finally got a mount for one of mine, now I just need the glass.

Even at $199, it's a bargain. You can't buy a more accurate rifle for under $1,500~.

Ash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I really enjoy mine. 1 beech stocked K31, 1 walnut stocked K31, and one 1911. I still need to take the 1911 out to shoot sometime though.
    (I'm still kicking myself for not buying more of the 480 packs of GP-11 that Sportsmans Guide was selling nearly 4 years ago. $155 shipped with Buyers Club and a the free S&H coupon.)

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    It is hands down the finest shooting rifle in my collection and my favorite. When I want to feel better about my shooting abilities (or lack of them), I turn to the K31 to restore my self confidence LOL

The only thing I own that comes close to it is a Finn M39, but the K31 holds the edge still. Swede's are supposed to be right up there and that's only one I haven't bought yet to compare against.

The trigger is to me the best trigger I've tried on any milsurp. It's a true two-stage with a very light and consistent release. The straight pull is a blast to operate... although sometimes the ejected shell bounces off the crown of my head LOL

Buy GP11 (Swiss surplus) whenever and wherever you find it. It is dead bang accurate and the quality control and consistency is amazing. Samco I believe still has them in bulk if you need some. AIM from time to time will get them in.

There's a gunshop I think in Seymour, IN that bought most of the stock of Rendezvous Guns when they were unfortunately closed... they may still have a number of those K31's, too.

If you get one, you'd be hard pressed to not fall in love with the way it shoots.

Joedirt82

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Westfield
    After reading everyones thoughts about the k31, I think I am going to get one as well. I have been debating it for a while, but now I have made up my mind. Now I think my next goal is to get my c&r license

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've got a sporterized K31. It seems to just have had the stock cut down a bit. Thinking about picking up another one at some point.

builder_one

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    A few years back I bought an excellent condition walnut stocked specimen from Samco for like $175 shipped. It has the most unbelievable two stage trigger i've ever used and also had a troop tag under the butt plate. The action is so smooth on these you have to experience it to believe it. The other comments are in no way an exaggeration of these rifles.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Hey we're ahead of the game. Most people are happy to find ONE thing they agree on... seems like a bunch of us agree on two. :):

I like Swiss and Finns too

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Had one in the late 80's, sold it darnitall! darn fine weapon , just back then ammo was hard to find, Mine was unusual in that it had german silver fittings and fine quality stock, which ended at the barrel band, smoothest action I've ever owned

Top Bottom