• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Last evening, after a nice trip to Applied Ballistics for some range time, I stopped at Four Guns in Lafayette. I traded my Smith & Wesson 469 and $150 for a Beretta 9000S F type. I gave up a little mag capacity. Although the Smith was the first handgun I owned I think it was time to move on. I think I did okay but am interested in getting other opinions. Thoughts?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If YOU'RE happy with the trade, that's all that matters.

The 9000s wasn't ever a big seller for Beretta. It was the 2nd gun I bought for myself, if I remember correctly. It was CHUNKY; too much so for me to carry IWB comfortably. I'm sure that a better holster and a carry belt would've mitigated some of the discomfort...don't know by how much.

I also found the slide hard to rack due to the small/thin serrations at the back of the slide. The safety lever on mine was also very very stiff both going from S to F and from F to S. Solution: not using the safety lever unless de-cocking the firearm.

Neat little pistols, though... If forced to choose between a S&W 469 and a 9000s, I'd probably re-choose the Beretta despite it's shortcomings. I've never been able to get those S&W metal-framed semi-automatic pistols to feel good in my hands.

-J-

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    If you like the trade, as others have stated, it was a fine trade. You are the one that needs to be pleased with the transaction............

Me? I would have kept that S&W, but that is just me!! :D

Luck!

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Looking back on it now, I wish I would have held onto the Smith.

Sorry to hear you are regretting the trade. Don't feel too bad, many people in the gun game go through at least one regret! Some have several deals they regret from the past.

Any particular reason you regret the trade? Unhappy with the Beretta or just miss the Smith?

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Sorry to hear you are regretting the trade. Don't feel too bad, many people in the gun game go through at least one regret! Some have several deals they regret from the past.

Any particular reason you regret the trade? Unhappy with the Beretta or just miss the Smith?

Chalk it up to experience. Then move on, that's what I've learned. The hard way, by the way. If you do this gun trading and selling game long enough it will happen.

Are the regrets coming from what the others are saying? Go with what feels good to YOU. I like the XD's but not Glock's, that goes against what a lot of people think.

agreen0170

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Richmond, Indiana
    The 9000s isnt a favorite of mine but overall isn't a bad gun. I personally would have stuck with the smith, but as long as you are comfortable with the gun that is all that matters.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The Beretta is long gone. I didn't like the slide and it was not a comfortable gun for me. I now carry a 3913NL and like it much better. I just wish I would have kept the Smith as it was my first handgun.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Last evening, after a nice trip to Applied Ballistics for some range time, I stopped at Four Guns in Lafayette. I traded my Smith & Wesson 469 and $150 for a Beretta 9000S F type. I gave up a little mag capacity. Although the Smith was the first handgun I owned I think it was time to move on. I think I did okay but am interested in getting other opinions. Thoughts?
    I NEVER trade a S&W for ANYTHING .....:twocents:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I sold all my guns long ago and regretted it most of my life. When I began shooting and collecting again I decided that I will NEVER part with any gun again. I may buy more, but will never trade, sell, or gift any gun out of my possession again. I have never parted with a gun and not regretted it at some point later.

Top Bottom